Mini Me Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mizziiiike

i just installed a Y8 head on my A6 bottom w/ an A6 intake manifold, and I added coolant when it was all done. I am getting some leak right around where the coolant line comes into the intake manifold on the passenger side. anyone have any ideas why this is happening? thanks in advance.

just a guess but when i put the Y8 on my Z6 head the hole for the Y8 coolant line on the intake mani is round(and the Y8 head is round too) and the Z6/A6 is rectangular, did you modify the gasket for it? cuz if not that is more than likely your problem

not 100% sure about the y8 head but on my d16z6, the thremostat gasket has a little thing that sticks out and has to fit in a little indentation on the thermastat housings. If you dont do this, your going to get leaks from this area (happen to me).

actually, I'm an idiot. I put the intake gasket on backwards. so the side w/ the coolant line didn't have any gasket around it, so it was just flowing out. i've got it fixed now.

i have a v-afc, but I haven't hooked it up yet. i tried driving it around w/out it today, and it works, but its REALLY slow. it seems to rev up pretty fast at idle, but when I put it in gear and drive, it just goes really slow, like something is bogging it down. i don't think its supposed to be this slow. what do you guys think?

Back