More Civic Parts Ordered

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Since my car is in the shop, ideas have been running through my head on what to do since the car needs a new front bumper.

I finally decided on what to do. Insurance gave me over $400 just to buy a new front bumper and to get it prepped and painted. The bumper itself was only $120.

Since the bottom lip of the oem bumper is the only thing damage, I'm going with a lip kit to cover it up. Therefore, less paint work and more insurance money I can use to get other things painted.

So here's what I ordered today out of my own pocket, and I'll have the body shop use the $400 to have it all prepped, painted, and installed.

Jun style front lip (ABS):

frontlip2.gif

frontlip.jpg

frontlip3.jpg

Buddy Club style rear lip (ABS):

69_1.JPG

Type R grill (ABS):

1076827510643_HG_CV9698_TRk.jpg

:fosho:

Also, if it lines up, I'm getting the oem sideskirts painted. Or else I'll go with some CTR style side skirts.

I should have the car back my Wednesday the latest. Then either that weekend or the next I'll have the parts all painted and installed.

My cost in this whole thing is $185 for the lips shipped, and $35 for the grill. Also a $50 deductible to pay on insurance. Not too bad to have basically a whole ground effects kit purchased, installed, and painted. I can't really afford it, but I'll make it work. Probably hold off on buying video games for a month lol.

Oh, just saw this smiley. Basically what it looked like when I hit that porcupine at 90mph.

:driver2:

congrats on the grille, did you order the 34 dollar one off ebay to spite my not wanting to lose money on it? awesome, way to not help out a fellow hondaswapper. :thumbsup:

Make sure you mold all those lips in to make it look smooth. :)

What are you doing about the hood? Isn't that damaged too?

hood isn't damaged, it just wouldn't close with those fans pushed up.

and yes, the grill was off eBay for $35. you're cheap James lol...

the rear lip looks ghey in the pictures, but there's a ek hb with that same piece in town and it looks very good.

Originally posted by Prowler@Sep 2 2004, 02:28 PM
hood isn't damaged, it just wouldn't close with those fans pushed up.

and yes, the grill was off eBay for $35. you're cheap James lol...

the rear lip looks ghey in the pictures, but there's a ek hb with that same piece in town and it looks very good.
[post=385317]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm cheap because I have to be. I have 400 in bills accruing right now, with 20 dollars in my bank account.

here's the car i've seen with the same rear lip. sorry for the quality, it's from my phone.

bcrear.jpg

no matter what you paint it, those lips are still ugly. the front makes the car look like its got a huge chin, and the rear looks like a fast and the furious reject.

i had the Buddy Club rear end on my EF hatchie. awesome bumper. how longh before you get your stuff?

Originally posted by Prowler@Sep 7 2004, 09:12 PM
thank you,

drive through jackass.
[post=387224]Quoted post[/post]​

he may be a jackass but i sorta agree with him. but it's not my money so good luck with it.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Sep 7 2004, 08:48 PM
i had the Buddy Club rear end on my EF hatchie. awesome bumper. how longh before you get your stuff?
[post=387242]Quoted post[/post]​

it was sent priority mail on friday, so should be here tomorrow. i was kinda expecting today, but oh well.

my grill tho... don't have a clue. haven't got a response from the seller. it's been a week. hmm...

Originally posted by Prowler@Sep 7 2004, 08:01 PM
here's the car i've seen with the same rear lip. sorry for the quality, it's from my phone.

bcrear.jpg

[post=387202]Quoted post[/post]​

umm... dont go with the LIP rear. Can't you see how uneven it is? the LIP is only good if you mold it or bolt it up correctly. buy the complete bumper if you want it.

got my parts today. the rear lip isn't anything like the above photo. not real sure if i like it.

here's the front piece. i had to hold it up while taking the picture, so sry it sucks.

my grill gets here tuesday, so i'm trying to get my car in the shop on wednesday or thursday to be painted.

good news is that my side skirts line up well, so i don't have to buy longer ones to match when it's all painted.

testfit.jpg

like i have the money for that. lips and grill are at $210, then painting and installing all that is going to be ~$350. That means I'm in the hole $80 with insurance money, plus my deductible, plus the cost of my rental for a week. And I'm buying Ezras exhaust system for $100, then I have $70 to pay for frame locks, and pay off my tv by next pay check.
all of this with little savings, 10 hours a week working at shopko, and being in college.
anyone have some cash to spare?

Back