My 00 EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a question. I picked up a gsr? P/s rack, got it off a buddy, who got it off a buddy. This second friend, has it on his ek coupe. I don't know if the ek coupe had a different subframe then the hatch, but obviously its not direct bolt in. From what I've read, they will bolt into eg's but not ek's. The mounting brackets are different. That being said, supposedly the first kid had a special bracket from jdmstar, which I searched for with no luck. Does anyone have any input as far as what is needed? The coupe was an si, I got it with a few other things for dirt cheap so all else fails, I can make my money back. Part number is st7-a6.

I can't get in contact with the first kid at the moment, he's in a coal mine for another 2 months. Figured I'd throw that out there.

man you gotta hope to find someone who has done this sort of steering rack swap before... cuz i dont know either :cool:

when are we going to see the new wheels?

Hoping within the next two weeks. I know I said that before, the powder coat guy was admitted to the hospital for a few days so that was a set back. I'll be calling to for a status update on Monday, I'm getting anxious for them to be honest.

I'll probably hold on to the rack until the guy gets home from the coal mine, and see what he says. Worst case, I'll sell it. I mean, I only paid 150 for that, a complete brand new energy suspension gushing set, all still in bags in the box, and an ek obd2-1 jumper harness

So, finally some progress on my wheels. They did one wheel as a test, and I just got a phone call that it came out great. The other three are being coated over the next two days, I'll have a picture of the first one shortly.

Test wheel sneak peek

ForumRunner_20120516_130407.jpg

Also got a steal on all the necessary power window, mirror and lock components for a full conversion. Will take place over the next month.

As it sits. Still no wheels yet. Ran into some problems, which I guess is understandable. If I'm paying for it, might as well be right.

ForumRunner_20120731_165945.jpg

Is this the cool thing now adays? Guess I'm out of the loop.

Not bad.

Brightly colored wheels have been "the cool thing to do" for a while. Sometimes it (and more importantly certain colors)will look ok. Red tones are about the only ones I kinda like outside of the traditional black, silvers, whites, and golds.

Yeahhh, I mean my toolbox, 1/2" gun, and 3/8" gun are the same color. I guess I just love it ha. Also, they're one of a kind wheels, and they're flawless in the powder coating

Back