My 00 EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honestly, I'm just working with what's most readily available, not to mention that I didn't realize there was a difference in the plugs between obd2-&b in the first place. There's not many p2p's around here at all, and every junk yard ecu is gone within seconds of arriving there, I got the harness with some other random shit in a trade, so just working with what I've got. Wires only ran me $5

image-3396589819.jpg

Winter. Blah.

Honestly, they're just eBay. My rotors have been warped for two years and I really don't believe in cutting rotors, my pads finally started grinding and these had a two year warranty so it was a steal at $80, I know a few people who have eBay rotors and they said they worked just fine so I figured what the hell. I know you get what you pay for but so far I've gotten much more than I paid for, and I'm pretty happy. Only downfall was that both of my caliper pistons were seized, so I replaced both of those.

As far as knock sensors go though, I'm wiring up vtec today, and I'm just curious if the interference guard wire that's wrapped around the knock wire at the ecu needs to be grounded in any particular spot. Anybody have any suggestions? I was going to run wire to ground it at the tstat housing but I wasn't sure if that was necessary or not.

It doesn't need grounding. That is simply shielding. The knock signal is sensitive to outside imputs, so the shielding protects against that.

Well it's grounded anyway, I got everything together and I'm throwing some codes. P0141 out of nowhere, p1337 ckp ckf no signal, and p1259 vtec system bank 1 malf

So my knock sensor code came on a couple weeks ago, cleared it, forgot about it. P0325. Came on again today, cleared it, and within an hour it's back so now I remember. Any idea on what would cause one of these? The only thing I found searching is people doing a y8 head swap and using the p2p without adding the knock sensor.

I'm looking for a full em2 manual gauge cluster Pinout if anyone can help. I've already retrofitted the cluster, and got most of the wiring but there's a few pins that I don't have anything for, brake light, coolant gauge, turn signals, and I need to figure out how to depin the yellow plug on the ek side

Back