My 79 1200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You should ban him until he submits proof to a mod that he changed the headlight.

It's a damned headlight.

I mean, here is the truth : I lost more than half my income last week. I'm sweating bullets and haven't slept a wink. I borrowed my dad's car because my bushings are so bad in the BMW that it's undrivable.

Ok, truth.

When I borrowed it I replaced a headlight, 2 taillights and gave it an oil change and detail before returning it. Took like 2 hours.

But it's done.

It's a damned headlight.

I mean, here is the truth : I lost more than half my income last week. I'm sweating bullets and haven't slept a wink. I borrowed my dad's car because my bushings are so bad in the BMW that it's undrivable.

Ok, truth.

When I borrowed it I replaced a headlight, 2 taillights and gave it an oil change and detail before returning it. Took like 2 hours.

But it's done.
Exactly. Borrowed my dad's Jeep while I did some work on my car, and I brought it back with the oil changed, new inspection, and cleaned it inside and out. I even offered to get the hitch he wanted installed, but apparently he doesn't want it anymore. Good thing I asked.

But these are car we borrowed, not ones we drive everyday. If my Integra needs something, I do it. Working in "the industry" you have zero excuse. You can literally do it on company time.

He's probably leaving the exterior all raggedy because it blends in better that way with the other shitboxes the fucktards at Meineke drive.

The old saying "Don't trust a barber with a shitty haircut" applies here.

When I had a company vehicle that we had to use national vendors for, I chose Good Year over Meineke because the mechanics cars looked like shitboxes. The Good year didn't have under construction stickers on their shitboxes and they looked like there was more pride in their ownership.

When I had a company vehicle that we had to use national vendors for, I chose Good Year over Meineke because the mechanics cars looked like shitboxes. The Good year didn't have under construction stickers on their shitboxes and they looked like there was more pride in their ownership.

Good reasoning.

Exactly. If "good enough" is good for your car, what are you going to do to mine? Brings me right back to my mechanic's F-100. The thing will be spotless in the dead of winter with salty slush all over the road.

I worked at a Ferrari dealer with my MR2 SC AW11 and people made fun of me for that. The body guy drove a Jeep Wrangler in the winter with no roof.

The other guys.. they didn't have a car newer than 68. The Boss had two XKEs, and he drove the hardtop to work in the snow.

I like to just sit and think about a solar flare wiping out all the life on earth sometimes.

3 months of night will do that to a fella

I like to just sit and think about a solar flare wiping out all the life on earth sometimes.

dont have to worry about that for at LEAST another 10-20 years. we're in solar maximum now, or coming off of it, weakest one ever, or so i read.

There's a gap in the trees to the south, I saw the actual sun, not just the ambient light for a good 10 minutes today. It felt harsh and I was relieved when it went away.

h68DB4F1B

I'm serious this shit turns you into a fuckin gollum.

dont have to worry about that for at LEAST another 10-20 years. we're in solar maximum now, or coming off of it, weakest one ever, or so i read.

Have you been keeping up lately ? Things are pretty goddam close.

Shit could get real.

Do you know where I work? Lol

All of the solar monitoring missions are flown out of where I work. This is a weak ass maximum.

Back