My newest build for SCCA STL/HPDE's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrcrx has no idea wtf he is talking about, don't listen to him.. lol He didn't even know what a petty bar was. :p

Last edited:
lol

me = stoked

My r888s came today...$340 shipped

Trailer is registered, fits in my garage, cost $650. It needs a paint job, new tires, brakes but other than that is pretty cool. It needs work I said so no haterade when I post pics of it lol. Conti hoosiers are mounted and are beastly.

Interior gauges and wiring is pretty much done, Im just finishing everything up and it will be ready to roll to Sebring Friday night.

NASA HPDE2 Saturday morning! Hopefully a check ride and I move up.

lol, i meant a crossbrace from he upper left of the hoop, to the right shocktower. seems most people put some kind of brace there, be it just a single bar or an X.

as long as they are strong im ok with them. i have seen pretty welds that ended up with shitty penetration.

had an oil leak! new psi gauge line popped so fixing tomm

as long as they are strong im ok with them. i have seen pretty welds that ended up with shitty penetration.

had an oil leak! new psi gauge line popped so fixing tomm

They definitely look safe. No worries! Once it's painted you can't tell anyway. I'm just a perfectionist.

Thanks.

Welding is always a topic that brings critiques because some spend a lot more time on all aspects like looks, quality etc.

im a function over looks fan... congrats on the trailer dude, cant wait to get one of my own.. and a dedicated toy/racecar... til then, the daily will have to double as both....

Thanks.

Welding is always a topic that brings critiques because some spend a lot more time on all aspects like looks, quality etc.

A good looking weld is a good weld. A bad looking weld isn't necessarily a bad weld though.

r888's? Does your class not allow Hoosiers? might be a better bang for the buck if your spending the cash for triple eights

Hoosiers wear super quick and do not heat cycle well.

Best bang for buck tire I think for grip and longevity is the Hankook C51's

r888's? Does your class not allow Hoosiers? might be a better bang for the buck if your spending the cash for triple eights

These will be for rain only...and they were 50% off so how could I say no. I have take off hoosiers until Im actually competing and also ra1s.q

I ran on hoosiers today, conti challenge hoosiers and never got the chance to really push on them. They were squirely as hell because they were too low pressure wise and the compuond is harder than the a6/r6 so I never got them up to temp.

Session 1 the camera shut off after 5 mins, the water pump which was brand new seized and my car was over heating at the end of the session.

So I ran 1 session today... :(

No videos of session 1 :(

I have some photos I will post later but Im taking some positives out of it all at least.

My trailer worked exceptional and my pilot didnt have any issues towing. The car is pretty much finshed with a hard push this week and help from a friend. So now I just need to get a new t belt and water pump.

I got to run at about 75% due to the tires but the car felt pretty awesome.

Biggest positive in a shitty day was executing 80% of my heel toe'ing effectively and not upsetting the car and actually driving smooth. So all was not lost today and NASA is an outstanding organization.

Me, getting ready.

october20.jpg

The almost finished interior

october3.jpg

Session 1 coming down the straight

october7.jpg

How the day ended

october19.jpg

Last edited:
vtecsir1,
Don't you love building a race car? lol

What sucks is you can't drive these things on the streets to really work out the bugs and can only do it on track. Sucks because that is an expensive way to test. :(

Car looks great though, get that water pump sorted which will be pretty easy to do. Glad to hear the pilot worked out. It's nice towing your car to the track and driving something nice huh? It was impossible to drink a cup of starbucks on the way up to the track in the Honda with a full cage and no interior. :p

lol

Yeah I made a few trips when it had a rollbar and it wasnt exactly fun.

The testing part does suck, I mean it is insured but in reality with the tires on there I was driving it like 25 miles an hr around my house. Not exactly a good indicator!

The good thing is its an easy fix.

I met some really good people at the NASA event too.

Last edited:
Back