My newest build for SCCA STL/HPDE's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not tagged i take it... i was gonna say use a car dolly (front wheels mount, rears roll on the ground)

TowDollyLarge.png

You gotta keep the car registered to use the tow dolly.

I borrow a friends trailer, i do not own my own. But he rarely uses it, so I never have a problem borrowing it. You should just bite the bullet and buy one. You should be able to find a good deal on one locally used on craigslist or racingjunk.com

Here is a pic of my tow rig. :p
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7028.JPG
    IMG_7028.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_7029.JPG
    IMG_7029.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,458
  • IMG_7031.JPG
    IMG_7031.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,240
Last edited:
You can check Uhaul as well they sell there old ones every now and then for dirt. That's where my Uncle got his was like 700 bucks I think.

I have a Honda Pilot with a towing capacity of 3500lbs.

So a tow dolly would work but scares me. The spring rates in the rear are 1100 lbs and I could see it just jump around and potentially become an issue.

The trailers I have been looking at are around 3-4k for a used aluminum trailer. I need one in the 1100-1300 range so I'm at weight for the Pilot...or I could rent a truck to tow a heavier cheaper trailer....or maybe borrow a truck.

I cant afford it right now after the ~2k for the cage not to mention everything else. Im going to see if I can borrow one for my upcoming events.

My car is still tagged and has insurance

Thats a nice looking rig B16.

Just drive that bish to the track then. :p

Thats how I got home from Sebring when I blew the other motor. 109 mile tow and without AAA covering 100 miles of it I would have had to pay like $600 for the tow...

Once the full cage is in it will no longer be street legal here.

Plus when I go to Roebling its a few hundred miles.

Im going to figure something out short term until I can get a trailer.

I would look pretty awesome driving on the highway with my helmet on sweating my balls off lol.

who cares if its street legal lol. i drove mikes del sol 1-2 hrs to thunderhill with a full cage :ph34r:

im sure theres plenty of other stuff on the car making it not street legal. just be cautious and you should be ok. i plan on driving mine to the track with cage before i get a trailer.

who cares if its street legal lol. i drove mikes del sol 1-2 hrs to thunderhill with a full cage :ph34r:

im sure theres plenty of other stuff on the car making it not street legal. just be cautious and you should be ok. i plan on driving mine to the track with cage before i get a trailer.

LOL, yup...

While I rode comfortably in the Evo with his GF. She makes for an interesting ride to the track Ian. :ph34r:

Thats how I got home from Sebring when I blew the other motor. 109 mile tow and without AAA covering 100 miles of it I would have had to pay like $600 for the tow...

Once the full cage is in it will no longer be street legal here.

Plus when I go to Roebling its a few hundred miles.

Im going to figure something out short term until I can get a trailer.

I would look pretty awesome driving on the highway with my helmet on sweating my balls off lol.

So a full cage renders a car illegal in Florida? I would say remind me to never move there but I came to that realization years ago :rimshot:

LOL, yup...

While I rode comfortably in the Evo with his GF. She makes for an interesting ride to the track Ian.
ph34r.gif

lol you guys are nuts

Yeah roll cage is done!

I just snapped a quick teaser until I can get some good shots.

cage1d.jpg

I decided to add a petty bar and a few other little things. Im very pleased with the work!

Ha ha thanks!

When are you going to do yours?

I know you were curious about the cost of cages awhile back, I paid $2,275 total for everything with tax.

The pics will show the work that was done to give you an idea for when you go for yours. Speaking of yours.......you getting it going again?

Im totally ripping off your little carbon fuse panel thingy too once I start on the wiring :D

Nice!!!

Why the petty bar though? Now you can never have a passenger. :p Are the rear bars funky or something?

The petty bar is removable :cool:

A few of my buddies were adamant about me getting it. I didnt want to but then 1 of them showed me the carnage after a wreck at sebring and that bar helped keep him from pound town...it was the same price so I added it.

I have to wait for my memory card which I cant get until this weekend so the pics will be up in a couple days.

dc4dude: I have had this car for almost 10 years so I was only recently in a position to have some money! It will happen if you want it bad enough but I know how it goes. Keep working towards a goal!

i didnt even notice that bar at first. what is it ( where it is connecting) and what is the purpose. ive never seen that before.

Give me a sec and I wil snap an iphone shot.

You can see the vertical rod I had him add as well for my right side net to wrap around.

edit:

petty.jpg

The Petty bar was added to nascar after Richard Pettys horrible crash in 1988. It adds additional stiffness to the roll cage overall and car. The safety aspect is that it gives you even more protection on that side of the car if you were to go head or right front into a wall. The connection point is off the ecu area meeting the firewall.

Last edited:
I have a Honda Pilot with a towing capacity of 3500lbs.

Your Pilot can tow 4500 if you avoid long grades. In FL I think you will be fine. For the 2WD Pilot they took out the trans cooler to save $$$. Only the most severe testing warranted the trans cooler to get the 4500lb rating (severe as in climbing long hills in Death Valley pulling a 5000lb trailer, full throttle everywhere) The chassis, hitch, ect is fine for 4500.

Back