• 1995-1998 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2003 BMW M3

• 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe

• 2003 Ford Lightning

• 1999-2001 Chevrolet Corvette(just a regular C5)

• OTHER(please write

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I knew that the Lightning had a Supercharger, but I thought it was the same engine as a Cobra R. Plus, name a car that is alreday built? Most people who own civics, put in valve springs, put in cams, etc. So they can handle boost, are civics not built. You can do the same thing to a domestic. So it will be more expensive, if you buy the car you should afford the upkeep/upgrades. I was just saying the Lightning, because it is a truck, which will come usefull eventually.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 14 2003, 04:12 PM
I knew that the Lightning had a Supercharger, but I thought it was the same engine as a Cobra R. Plus, name a car that is alreday built? Most people who own civics, put in valve springs, put in cams, etc. So they can handle boost, are civics not built. You can do the same thing to a domestic. So it will be more expensive, if you buy the car you should afford the upkeep/upgrades. I was just saying the Lightning, because it is a truck, which will come usefull eventually.

Name a car that is already built?

03 Cobra. comes stock with Manley forged pistons and rods.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 14 2003, 02:05 PM
fuck the lighting it's a pos ford product, GMC Syclone/Typhoon all the way if your looking for a performance truck

WTF? The price tag on one of those is insane. Their were only like 100 made, and they are only an S-10 sized truck. Too small for my tastes. Plus, they are ugly.

OR something you might actually be able to find...like a Silverado SS or a Dodge Ram SRT-10.

WTF, again. I have yet to see the Dodge Ram and the SS, is a waste of money. The Lightning still takes the SS in the quarter, not sure about Dodge. The Lightning is still the best bang for the buck of the trucks. You can not go wrong with the Cobra R engine. I know the Dodge has a Viper engine, but too much gas guzzling for me. Also I don't like Dodge at all. I still like the Lightning, it is more rounded than the other ones. I like the SS too though, I would sport one. The Dodge is a fucked up piece of shit, doesn't know if it is a Silverado or F-150.

I see SRT-10 Rams and Silverado SS's constantly. I think they do stack up to the SVT F150.

SS:

$40,340
AWD
H.O. Vortec 6000 V8
345 hp @ 5200
380 tq @ 4000
Hydra-Matic 4-speed automatic overdrive HD

SRT-10:

$??
RWD
505 ci V10 Viper Engine
500 hp
525 tq
4 speed automatic

F150 SVT:

$33,310
RWD
SOHC 5.4L Triton V8, Supercharged & intercooled
380 hp @ 4,750 rpm
450 tq @ 3,250 rpm
Four-speed automatic

the lightning are faster then the SS by about a second.. they're not fast.. AWD and ext slows them down badly.

The Ram i hear is slatted for 60K, not sure how accurate that is.

The Lightning is 0-60 in 5.7 with a 13.8 quarter, I think. I know the 0-60 is accurate. All I know is that the F-150 is the best bang for the buck.

My point is, even though the Lightning is 7k cheaper, it's pretty much maxed out and any other abuse is going to tear that Triton apart.

the 6.0 in the Silverado is built and could probably take a supercharger. :unsure:

Well, if he uses it for everyday use, why would he want to build it. Even if he wants, he can replace the internals, max the boost on the stock supercharger, and he will beat the SS worse than it does already.

I know a guy who put a bigger boost pulley on his lightning. It's still doing fine. I think he only upped it by 4 or 5 lbs, but still. He said there are people on f150online or something that are running 10lbs above stock everyday with no problems. That truck is sweet.

OK. i have cut my list a bit. i have cut the Lightning, G35 coupe, M3, and Corvette from the list.
The reasons are:
-The price of the Lightning is more than what I want to pay for a truck. and it's only single cab. it has like 0 room for people and clothes and other shit in the cabin.

-I absolutely love the M3 and I would want to get it with the SMG tranny but I can just get a Skyline for the price I will pay for that thing. For those of you that don't know, it costs roughly $55K.

- Corvette = assumption of small penis, and plus too many old people drive it. i don't want to be categorized with them. The price is up there, the minimum i will spend is like $35-40K.

-for the price of the G35, i could buy a fully loaded 350Z but i don't like the styling of the Z and the lack of a backseat.

I will not buy any sort of Mustang because I can just keep mine and mod it some more. The point is that I'm a little tired of the Stang and I want something new. I don't like Saleens because every asshole that drives one is a cocky little fuck.
If i get the Supra, i will get it modded a little but not too much. and plus i will not be wrenching on it all the time. and to whoever said to buy a Supra and turn it into a project car i say this,

"are yo an absolute idiot? why would i pay freakin $20-25K for an awesome sports car to tear it apart and turn it into an all out track car. I would much rather have a dope-ass Supra as a daily driver than a freakin civic."

the reason i am going to turn my civic into a project car is because i know a whole lot more about Honda engines than i do Toyotas. basically all i would do to the Supra is slap some Veilside rims on it, upgrade the brake system, upgrade the Turbo kit, add a intercooler, upgrade the fuel system and get a bunch of electronics for it such as turbo timers, boost controller, etc...
that's really i have planned for it because i don't want to go all out on it, it will be my daily grind.

Any thoughts???

Ray man, out of those cars, the 03 M3 is pimpest. Nasty power out of the new ones, and a HUGE pimp factor (for the daily driver), ie. curb appeal to the bitches :p

1. 03 M3
2. Supra
3. Skyline (wicked badass, but maybe a bit pricey?)

EDIT: sorry just read your last post. I personally love the supra as a daily driver because with just a BPU supra, they make incredibly high horsepower very reliably. Sure things break and wear out at the higher HPs, but it's still dependable by a reasonable use of the word. It's not like your in a high HP civic and your just waiting for something to blow up.

I support the Supa for d/d

Originally posted by rsaeini@Oct 15 2003, 06:54 PM
-I absolutely love the M3 and I would want to get it with the SMG tranny but I can just get a Skyline for the price I will pay for that thing. For those of you that don't know, it costs roughly $55K.

as much as i hate to break it to you, the 2003 M is nto a 1995 skyline. the cars, really can't even be compared.

If I had to choose, for a daily driver, i wouldn't even be thinking anywhere on the pacific side of things....

i'm still thinking about it. the M3 is sitting in 4th place right now. i will still consider it.

Dude, Beemers suck. I am sorry to break it to you B. They are ugly. I know that it is a great engine and all, but BMW is nothing more than a cheap mans benz. 'nuff said.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 16 2003, 12:25 AM
Dude, Beemers suck. I am sorry to break it to you B. They are ugly. I know that it is a great engine and all, but BMW is nothing more than a cheap mans benz. 'nuff said.

:asshat:

lol

Beemers look badass. :thumbsup:

I say, since you cut the Vette, Get a Viper SRT-10 :D

I am not going to argue, because technically, I made a stupid statement. I should have not siad that the M3 was ugly, it is all a matter of taste. IMO, I don't like them.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 16 2003, 12:32 AM
I am not going to argue, because technically, I made a stupid statement. I should have not siad that the M3 was ugly, it is all a matter of taste. IMO, I don't like them.

It wasn't STUPID persay...it was just an opinion. but I can still call you an asshat for it. :lol:

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 15 2003, 07:25 PM

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?

it hurts. I can't even comprehend....

BMW's cars are materpieces. It's obvious that you've never driven one, because you can't possibly understand what it feels like. Perfect balance, seamlessly delivered power, in the latest generation M3 what I would consider near perfect styling, and luxury. Fucking Mercedes Benz's are 80% overpriced fucking yuppie status symbols. They use cheap ass leather dye. Their SUV isn't even that sweet, and it costs 70k. I could go on and on. Wake up and smell the fuckin roses man. BMW is a pioneer in perfection in engineering. You don't see people making benz's into the most badass AutoX and track cars around. They are BMWs. And you obviously have no idea about the origins of the company. I won't even go there. Get a fuckin clue dude.

I'm going to stop now before I go off on any more tangents. :chair:

And your point was... I said I don't like the styling, but they make great engines? Just becuase I don't like the styling, makes a dumb fuck?

BMW's cars are materpieces.

If they were, everybody would have one, even you. If you do congrats, if you don't then they are too much for you. I think that a Benz is the ultimate car in performance and luxury. My opinion, I will stick to it. I have never driven a BMW, you are right and have never driven a Benz either. I am simply stating that a $50,000 BMW, should not even resemble a civic, which, sorry to tell you they do. That is why I don't like them. I don't want to pay that much for a civic. I'll tell you what though, you buy you're BMW, and enjoy it, you seem to like the car, and I don't so with all do respect, :fuckyou2:

I do like the engine though, it is simply awesome.

but BMW is nothing more than a cheap mans benz.

thats what you said that was ignorant.

so, your saying that because other car companies play off of good styling cues, you shouldn't pay more money for them. So, I shouldn't buy a Jaguar because the new hyndai's try to look like them? or, I shouldn't buy a Lexus RX300 because the new Kia suv imitates it? that is wicked dumb man. but whatever.

Back