new car or keep the hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well if it is true it would require a little more work than belts require

I think he was saying he has some experience "on his belt" with Hondas, like "under his belt", but said awkwardly? I don't think he was talking about the car belts, lol...

if it needs a crank, it probably needs a rod or two, near bearings, the windage tray possible repaired, and perhaps the 'ribs' of the block need to be fluxed back into shape.

if you're going to buy it, buy it as a shell and plan on buying a new motor.

if it needs a crank, it probably needs a rod or two, near bearings, the windage tray possible repaired, and perhaps the 'ribs' of the block need to be fluxed back into shape.

if you're going to buy it, buy it as a shell and plan on buying a new motor.
word..this is what i would do anyway

i would buy the car, then i would pull the engine and part it out. try to pick up a gsr with the leftover cash. maybe keep the tranny around.

I'm guessing it's a dirty title...

i wud do the same as b16coupe buy it and pull the motor and eventually do a gsr swap if you want some extra cash part out the good parts of the motor.

The price isn't low enough to be fishy. If it were $500 then I would say stolen, but $2900 isn't exactly a steal for a 2000 si with a blown motor in it. Its a dead 8-9 year old car.

Buy it and swap the motor. Have a $7500 car for $5000.

its worth it if you have the money to spend

it would be worth if you have the time and money to replace the crank, and if you through a rod bearing its not worth it at all.

time and money are two big things. thats why my build its taking forever. another thing why not just junk the bottom end and get a b18b bottom end and always do an ls/vtec if you are mechanically inclined to do so. if not just replace the bottom end the rod that needs it and the bearings and your all good.

Back