New Member - Help Needed with H22 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KRZ12..let me get this straight, do you notice this play even if the car is sitting naturally on the ground without the body been jacked up,,ie the car suspension in the normal driving position.

actually no. i noticed it while being jacked up but it shouldn't have any play.

thanks again bro,what do you recomend for slicks,keep in mind that i upgraded my front brakes to the 96 prelude 4 lug rotors and caliper so i cant fit nothing smaller than 15 inch rim.

I only took my prelude to the strip twice. First was on normal Kumho MXs that I used for daily driving. Second time I stole a pair of my buddy's g-force T/A drag radials. Never really used slicks for drag. My car was just for some autocross fun since the events were 15 minutes from my house.

I almost forgot ,whats your take on the tilton flow control valve,i have some friends who are running b16,18 here in Jamaica and they started to have problems with axles,cv joint and also gearbox issues as so as they get north of 550 hp,not sure of the ft/lbs. Because am still running stock axles i have purchased a traction bar and i am now thinking about the control vavle because i have read some good reviews on it,,bottom line is, i want my car to be reliably fast.

I've never driven a car with that valve. My S2K was an 01 and didn't have it. Most of the guys here remove it because it kills the feel of the clutch. If you're going over 300hp on slicks you're definitely gonna want new axles though. Don't wanna join the club of guys shearing axles cause the tires were too sticky and the axles couldn't handle it.

Reikoshea..i hear what your saying,lead me to a set of good axles if u can...KZR12 sounds like your axle is alittle short,i would definately try the one you have from the integra.

S-O-S
Been awhile since i have visited the forum, my dilema now is that i am trying to make 700hp on a fully built h22, i am running a garrett gt3584r turbo, i already have a pair of skunk2 stage 1 tuner series cams in the motor and i also have on hand a set of crower stage 2 turbo cams, i need to sell one asap so which do i keep to meet my goals?

It's gonna be painful. Especially on 90 octane. I don't know if you can run E85 in Jamaica, but if you can it'll make tuning that beast a lot easier.

The turbo you have should be able to do the job, i've heard of the 70something (don't have time to look it up) version of the gt35 making 700hp at around 30-35psi on a B18. You're definitely going to want to beef up the bottom end and port the heads. The H22 heads do not flow anywhere near as well as the b18 heads do.

You might also need a dual pump system to get that much e85 into the chambers because with that much boost comes a lot of fuel requirements. It is definitely doable though.

hes going to need dual pumps even if he runs pump gas. 700whp is a LOT of fuel. a bosch inline or dual in tank walbro setup will do ya.

in regard to the camshafts, id sell the skunk2's and keep the crower turbo camshafts. youre going to want as much air and fuel in the combustion chamber when it counts, higher lift and shorter duration (turbo camshaft) will do just that.

Thanks a million guys,i will sell the skunk2 cams. Yes i have 2 walbro LPH 255 pumps in my tank already,oh yes the head on this motor was aggressively ported for boost...Here is alittle break down of my build.Wiseco 8.5 piston (stock bore), Eagle h beam rods and arp bolts, Acl rod and main bearings, Darton sleeves, Oem head gasket, Arp head studs, Hks valve springs. EuroR intake manifold and blox 76mm throttle body, Tial bov and wg, aem fuel rail and RC 1200 cc injectors,2 walbro 255 lph fuel pump, cutom turbo manifold, garrett gt3584r turbo, T2T4 lsd gearbox, OBD 1 ecu, hodata 4 bar map sensor, apexi avcr boost controller, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, aem tru cam gears, etc etc alot more to list,wish me luck guys and feel free to post your constructive criticisms...

nice build, excellent choice in parts. all i ask is that you post some pics so we can all see this beast :)

No qualms on the parts.

as long as the exhaust manifold flows well you should be golden. Again, your 90 octane gas is the only thing that really worries me with the horsepower goals you have in mind.

Yep your right, i dont think i will be able to make more than 520 hp on the 90 octane but we do have C16 racing fuel here which is insanely expensive, what i plan to do is make a seperate map for this fuel which will be strictly for drag purposes, i do believe that i should be able to make my 700 hp goal on the C16....oh i have lots of pics with my 99 4dr integra and 93 EG6 both JDM models, i just need to go through them and upload the ones that make sense .....

Back