new miata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they still need to put a better motor in them... but with the chassis being a quite bit more stiff and only gaining 20 pounds.. be ready to see one at your local autocross pretty soon

what is weird about the pictures is that it is RHD, however, it has the e-brake where LHD cars normally are.

160 from 2.0 is still not too impressive but it is a small car

these are rwd right? anyone ever see them being drifted?

i would't mind having an mx-5... but the miata emblems have got to go...

General consensus is that they're too small and too light to really drift properly. Then again, if you give anything RWD enough horsepower it'll drift.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Mar 7 2005, 07:12 PM
General consensus is that they're too small and too light to really drift properly. Then again, if you give anything RWD enough horsepower it'll drift.
[post=470395]Quoted post[/post]​

There is a "drifter Miata" near me. The thing is amazing. Turboed, roll cage, bad ass tires and suspension. The guy can drift it. Hell the stock one that I test drove, it was easy as hell to get the back end out far.

I drove a 2004...

HOLY

FREAKING

CRAP!!!

the car is by no means quick.... but god was it fun to drive.. once you get used to the car a little bit backroads turn into Laguna Seca and my lap times have GOT to go down... you start to understand the car is really not as light as you were told you begin to understand the the back end is really happy and the front end is really sad...

drive one you will know what I mean

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 8 2005, 11:54 PM
it was easy as hell to get the back end out far.
[post=470994]Quoted post[/post]​

but its NOT easy to hold it out there without spinning.....

IMO, the front end needs work; the headlights, front fascia, and hood look like they were thrown together w/o consideration of the other parts. but thats just me.

Im like 5'11 and by far not a big or very tall guy, but im not a short guy either. I sat one the mazda speed turbo model at the La auto show, and hteres no fuckin way, Ya know when you gota sit in the back of your friends cars..... and how small it is? Thast how it feels to be in the drivers seat of this thing. Closterphoibia <-(sp) likea mofo. Althoug hit was fairly comfy and sporty. I would only want one for pure track use.

I guess there's a 30-minute seat mod you can do to allow taller people to fit in them. One of my coworkers had one and he fit fine with the hardtop on (he was 6'5").

WEll it wasint so much that i didnt FIT, but it just was a lil to tight, and they had the top down so i couldint tell, it probably would have been fine, but it was more less the overall demensions. The cockpit looked good though.

IMO, the front end needs work; the headlights, front fascia, and hood look like they were thrown together w/o consideration of the other parts. but thats just me.

they make the ultimate rice z3 conversion for miatas...
lol

i wouldn;t mind having one, but like i said, the miata emblem hits the trash, i drive an mx5
lol
and it would need a turbo...
then it would be a fun little car...

Back