New Rav 4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hydrogen has been mostly a lot of empty promises. Look what happened to Nikola and Trevor Milton.

Not to say there isn't some use now. Our fleet of forklifts and material delivery tuggers are hydrogen powered.

No one is really on board with Hydrogen cars. There are like what, 3 Hydrogen cars on the market from Toyota, Hyundai and Honda and they are all sold in California and there almost no infrastructure for refueling. Everyone is betting on Electric. It's kind of like the battle between the Kindle and Nook where Kindle is the Electric car and Nook is Hydrogen car and the Kindle won that battle. Or the Apple ipod vs the MS Zune player.

It seems like Hydrogen would be a better solution but it also seems like it cost way more to build than Electric technology. I had stock back in 2006 -2008 in a hydrogen company but it went belly up in the economic collapse of 2008. I really thought it was going to take off, it had so much promise. I remember this company had the world record for unmanned zero emission jet wing aircraft longest flight backed by NASA and the US Airforce. They had everything from rechargeable batteries, to generators, cars , trucking fleets, trains, to full on power plants. They even had little small scale kits you could buy for learning and teaching about hydrogen power you can teach in schools or self learn.

I don't know, I just don't see anywhere near the same push for Hydrogen as we do for Electric. And obviously Elon Musk trashed hydrogen tech. Anyway, maybe in the future I will get Toyota Mirai through these guys because I don't have enough money for it :)
Agree with your arguments but I thought that the fact that Toyota is exploring this technology means a lot.

Yeah. No.

I get what you're saying. I just choose not to be a sheeple. Hell I'm old enough that if I play my cards right I might be able to nurse one of these dead-dino burners long enough I never have to make that choice.

Just to update this thread. I still have the Gladiator. 56000 miles and 2 new intake cams later....the lease is up in December. Still gonna buy it out because I have 6-8k in equity with these ridiculous used car values.

But.....I just put a deposit down on a 2023 300c with the 6.4 Hemi. Some of you may remember I had a 2015 300s with the 5.7. Really always regretted not keeping it and swore to myself if they ever did another "SRT" 300 I would get one. Well, here we are and 2023 is the (probably way past due) swan song for this vehicle platform (Charger/Challenger/300) and lo and behold they decided to do a limited run (2000 US/200 Canada) of a 300 with the 6.4. Hemi. So I jumped on the list only to be told they were sold out and I was wait-listed. And then yesterday I got an email saying I was selected and to put the deposit down to reserve. So I'm in. Velvet Red. I figured of the 2000, about half will be either stolen and stripped, or crashed. Mopar is the new Mustang for bad drivers.

And to save all the criticism, I know it's a dinosaur. It really hasn't changed much since 2005. I get it. But it's a true 4 door with an obnoxious 485hp V8 and it's a dying breed. New one, which will get a similar tint, vs old one.

Attachments

• 2023-chrysler-300c.jpeg
    2023-chrysler-300c.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Those jeeps seem to be cursed. nothing but problems.

Hope this one works out. it's cool to see a limited edition ride. it probably won't be a collector car, but look at the 98 impallas and the SS still taking in 30k these days.

Just to update this thread. I still have the Gladiator. 56000 miles and 2 new intake cams later....the lease is up in December. Still gonna buy it out because I have 6-8k in equity with these ridiculous used car values.

But.....I just put a deposit down on a 2023 300c with the 6.4 Hemi. Some of you may remember I had a 2015 300s with the 5.7. Really always regretted not keeping it and swore to myself if they ever did another "SRT" 300 I would get one. Well, here we are and 2023 is the (probably way past due) swan song for this vehicle platform (Charger/Challenger/300) and lo and behold they decided to do a limited run (2000 US/200 Canada) of a 300 with the 6.4. Hemi. So I jumped on the list only to be told they were sold out and I was wait-listed. And then yesterday I got an email saying I was selected and to put the deposit down to reserve. So I'm in. Velvet Red. I figured of the 2000, about half will be either stolen and stripped, or crashed. Mopar is the new Mustang for bad drivers.

And to save all the criticism, I know it's a dinosaur. It really hasn't changed much since 2005. I get it. But it's a true 4 door with an obnoxious 485hp V8 and it's a dying breed. New one, which will get a similar tint, vs old one.
that 2023 looks real nice. id rock that.

10 months later....

Finally built 8/9 and delivered to the dealer about 130 Friday afternoon. Got a text saying the front lip spoiler was damaged when unloading from the truck. Went and took a look at it and they weren't lying. While it's not visible when standing in front of the car, it is a painted plastic surface. They're allegedly going to sand, fill, and repaint it. I won't be purchasing this vehicle until I'm satisfied it's in factory new condition. At this point I've waited forever since the deposit was placed so I guess a couple more weeks isn't gonna kill me. Did get a chance to start it up briefly and I love the way it sounds.

what does it sound like? most of the ones around here are clapped out honda like, or hybrids lol

Finally took delivery Tuesday. Took it immediately to get the tint done and finally got it home last night after work. Will be driving it a little bit this weekend and have a road trip scheduled the 16th/17th for a golf trip so that will be an opportunity to let it stretch its legs a little bit. It'll mostly be a weekend car, and spend the rest of the time safely tucked away in the garage.
IMG_20230906_150917.jpg

This car is absolutely a blast. Put 600 miles on it over the weekend driving to Northwest Michigan and back. Cruising about 85 most of the time on the freeway with some slower 2 lanes and some spirited runs up to 95-100 we managed almost 23 mpg. Car never even broke a sweat and the noises it makes are like a drug. I've yet to go somewhere and not have someone either stop me and ask questions about it or tell me how much they like it. A little over 1000 miles now and my next chore is an early oil and filter change. Getting back in the Gladiator to go to work today was almost depressing.

Back