Newbie...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i feel like a jackass for this one but i forgot what hoses went where and need some helpm if possible

we'll need more to go on... take a pic of what hose you have and what's needed to be plugged in

put some post-its on it "A" "B" etc so we can visually communicate

here goes the hoses.... hey thanks alot i still feel like a jack ass

Attachments

• IMG-1913.jpg
    IMG-1913.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG-1914.jpg
    IMG-1914.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 196
here goes the hoses.... hey thanks alot i still feel like a jack ass
so i downloaded this diagram and for the most part have all the hoses and stuff where they go but when i went to start the car it was idling up and down... here goes the diagram i went off and some pics of when i was done.. let me know if anything looks wrong

Attachments

• d16z6coolant.png
    d16z6coolant.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 223
  • vacuumlines.jpg
    vacuumlines.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 189
  • hoses diagram.jpg
    hoses diagram.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG-1922.jpg
    IMG-1922.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG-1923.jpg
    IMG-1923.jpg
    719.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG-1924.jpg
    IMG-1924.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 190
so i downloaded this diagram and for the most part have all the hoses and stuff where they go but when i went to start the car it was idling up and down... here goes the diagram i went off and some pics of when i was done.. let me know if anything looks wrong
the surge idle is the idle air control valve, make sure its coolant routing is plugged in correctly and im pretty sure its same plug as tps soo could be backwards if got unplugged. if lines and plugs are good make sure cooling system is bled well (spill free funnel $45) , if still bad might need a new IACV its quite common but they can be cleaned etc to buy more time if bad

the surge idle is the idle air control valve, make sure its coolant routing is plugged in correctly and im pretty sure its same plug as tps soo could be backwards if got unplugged. if lines and plugs are good make sure cooling system is bled well (spill free funnel $45) , if still bad might need a new IACV its quite common but they can be cleaned etc to buy more time if bad
hey at this point im frustrated and looking for a mechanic any ideas?were are you located?

hey at this point im frustrated and looking for a mechanic any ideas?were are you located?
I mean im really not a mechanic and I own a company and a franchise im not super interested in repairing it for you working 100+ hrs a week lol you can fix it I promise hondas are legos

I mean im really not a mechanic and I own a company and a franchise im not super interested in repairing it for you working 100+ hrs a week lol you can fix it I promise hondas are legos
oh ok and i know how easy hondas can be... hey bro i appreciate what feedback you do help me out with and i think when i had asked you to work on my car i was frustrated and stuck on something... my bad , but i am learning and have a new buddy i met on one of the honda groups im in on facebook he been coming by to help me a bit.. i apologize if i offended you in any way, have a good one

oh ok and i know how easy hondas can be... hey bro i appreciate what feedback you do help me out with and i think when i had asked you to work on my car i was frustrated and stuck on something... my bad , but i am learning and have a new buddy i met on one of the honda groups im in on facebook he been coming by to help me a bit.. i apologize if i offended you in any way, have a good one
you didnt offend me or bother me whatsoever man and will still gladly help what can

you didnt offend me or bother me whatsoever man and will still gladly help what can
so my valve cover was looking rough and i wanted to paint it without having to mask and tape the rest of my motor so i took it off and started scuffing it up and prepping to paint... i covered up were the cover went to avoid anything falling inside.. now is there anything i should do or know when i put the valve cover back on? i was planning on going and buying a new gasket what do you think?

not gonna lie or act like i know what im doing.. im learning and right now its got the best of me and the only reason i havent said 'fuck it' and took it to a shop to get done is cuz when its all done i want to take the credit.. this motor swap has kinda thrown me for a loop.. buckle up cuz here it goes..

i dont think the kid i got the car from knew what he was doing, i think he had the shell needed a motor went to pick and pull and found one to go inside the shell. he dropped it in and sold it to me. i was kinda trippen when i asked him about the car with the responses he gave me.. he didnt know much but it ran and i have always wanted a hatchback since i could remember.. a project and i put my heart into everything i do..so first i wanted to start beefin up the motor i needed motor mounts and a tune up new fluids etc etc.. then i ordered a skunk2 manifold and put it on.. before i put the manifold on the cars idle was all over the place idling up and down... its still idling like that after i replaced the manifold and a buddy of mine told me i needed a new ecu and now im waiting for one i ordered... im also waiting on some headers and a few other parts im gonna post a video next time i start it up see if any of you can help me out... for those of you that have gave me feedback i appreciate it for reals.. good night

i pulled the motor out of my ek and decided on keeping the d16 motor but adding a vtec sohc head and block.. (mini me swap) i also ordered all new suspension skunk2 coil overs and camber kit with slotted rotars with ceramic brakes.. im also waiting on headers a fuel bar and new skunk2 injectors.. still not sure if im gonna turbo it or not.. also i ordered a rebuild kit.. here goes a few pictures i started to clean up the engine bay...will post pictures through out the project

Attachments

• IMG-2045.jpg
    IMG-2045.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG-2044.jpg
    IMG-2044.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG-2043.jpg
    IMG-2043.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG-2042.jpg
    IMG-2042.jpg