Nicole's "88/'89/'90 CRX build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yep. :(
Minor setback, but I WILL overcome, cause I'm stubborn like that. :D

:D :D :D Thank you!!!
The motor is pretty damn sexy if I may say so myself lol. Texas or Georgia huh? I'm pretty much in the middle of the two. You could always plan an extra day in your traveling between the two to stop by and we can cover your headliner lol. It's not hard to do. :)

Lol the next time I drive out to GA again I might have too :) And maybe some cake while I'm at it.... :ph34r:^_^ jk jk jk jk...

Here's the WHEELS!!! Finally remembered to take pics of the wheels!!!! LOL
Rota Circuit 8- they will actually be black when they go on the car. We still have to order the 4th wheel before we send them to be powder coated.

black Rotas :worthyp:
flat black? were did you get that material for the headliner, its bad ass? iv been looking for something for my door panels

black Rotas :worthyp:
flat black? were did you get that material for the headliner, its bad ass? iv been looking for something for my door panels
They will be a satin- ish black. It's called a "shiny matte black" powder coat I do believe. It's supposed to match the car...

I got the material at Hancock Fabrics... It is pretty sweet. They had another print with the kanji on it, but I wanted pink- this one is more guy friendly. Also there's a guy at Top Dead Center (a tuning shop in Mobile, AL) that has they other print, and we do end up at the same events from time to time- so i didn't want to copy him. :)

I can't get my image hosting site to come up today. :angry: I have pics of the motor in the car! We figured out that it's not really a problem with the car- it's actually a problem with our turbo setup. My brother came over and looked at it and said we had it set up a lot differently than most Hondas he had seen, and he thought that was why we were having clearance issues. Shouldn't be too bad to make the needed modifications so everything will fit ok though...

Here's the pics:

i1a614.jpg

j7djkx.jpg

Last edited:
huh wow thats cutting it close.. if you can fabricate I would take out that cross member and make a smaller one out of steel tubing. so you can still put the radius arms back in it..

We are looking at several different options right now. Either notching it out just enough for clearance which imo is not going to work, or doing like you said and making it out of something thinner, or fabricating something that will either bend around the front of the motor, or bend downwards underneath it. we are going to put some wheels and brakes on it and trailer it down to our friend's house down the street. He's awesome at cutting and welding and fabricating stuff- between the 3 of us we should be able to figure something out... :)

yeah I probably would cut out where the exhaust goes through it and then run the exhaust back to the rest then add support around the exhaust to make up for the loss of metal out of the cross member. I had to do this on a DA teg when i put a one piece header on it....BTW The motor looks good in there.

swap and car look great. not digging the pink though. i'm more of a "smooth and clean" type of guy. but whatevs, you dont' need approval from the peanut gallery on a forum. :p

swap and car look great. not digging the pink though. i'm more of a "smooth and clean" type of guy. but whatevs, you dont' need approval from the peanut gallery on a forum. :p

Thanks. :) I figured the pink wouldn't go over all that great on here- but like you said- it's my car and I'm not seeking 100% approval or anything. I do appreciate all the compliments all of you have given me on it. :thumbsup:

yeah I probably would cut out where the exhaust goes through it and then run the exhaust back to the rest then add support around the exhaust to make up for the loss of metal out of the cross member. I had to do this on a DA teg when i put a one piece header on it....BTW The motor looks good in there.

Yeah that is a good idea. Glad to hear it worked out good for you... That gives me hope lol.

good luck with it. if it doesn't work out just get one of those traction bar kits and it will eliminate the front cross member and give you a lot more room. I totally forgot about them would be easier than making a new cross member.

We are looking at several different options right now. Either notching it out just enough for clearance which imo is not going to work, or doing like you said and making it out of something thinner, or fabricating something that will either bend around the front of the motor, or bend downwards underneath it. we are going to put some wheels and brakes on it and trailer it down to our friend's house down the street. He's awesome at cutting and welding and fabricating stuff- between the 3 of us we should be able to figure something out... :)
I would maybe turn the turbo 180 and then rework the downtube.....

Back