bringing the CRX back to the track build/thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:thumbsup:

seats and harness wont be too bad. im looking at the corbeau FX1 pro. mike (B16) says they arent too comfortable, but F it, they are cheap, fiberglass backed, FIA cert, and can take a 6 point. he's trying to push me on the sparco evos, but i can get 2 new corbeaus for the price of 1 evo lol

I daily drove the Forzas for quite a while, and they were ok with an added lumbar support- the FX1 should be better. I'm pretty picky about seat comfort too. Maybe Corbeaus just fit me better.

apexperformance.net darksidede 10% off and free shipping on 2 fx1s

I'll have to check that site out- need a pair of A4s!

Harness is done! on its way to me. i should get it mid next week.

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

i think on my 3 days off (wed/thurs/fri). im going to try and get the cat put back on, drop the drivers seat back in and get it up to the emissions place to get tested.

im just a little scared of getting pulled over. the car has NO seatbelts right now, and i really dont want to even put them back in for the drive over to the test. im not really worried about an accident as i would be extra cautious (i know its still unsafe), but getting a fix it ticket would really fuck me.

maybe ill see if i can get my buddy to lend me his truck/trailer to tow it there lol.

i think on my 3 days off (wed/thurs/fri). im going to try and get the cat put back on, drop the drivers seat back in and get it up to the emissions place to get tested.

im just a little scared of getting pulled over. the car has NO seatbelts right now, and i really dont want to even put them back in for the drive over to the test. im not really worried about an accident as i would be extra cautious (i know its still unsafe), but getting a fix it ticket would really fuck me.

maybe ill see if i can get my buddy to lend me his truck/trailer to tow it there lol.

I feel super unsafe driving any old Honda, seat belt or not. I know my driving won't get me killed but that 8 ton 2000 something SUV with a tard on a cell phone will. Seat belts aren't going to help you much then.

just bolt the one section to the b-pillar and just drape it across your chest

CRX is ready for emissions testing. Cat is back on, drivers seat in, drivers seat belt back in, battery charging.

So annoying.

just ordered a shit load of electrical stuff for the upcoming re-wire of the car.

master switch, relays, switchs, starter button, wire, 12 gang fuse block, etc.

gonna be a lot of reading wiring diagrams in my near future. ive already been reading it, familiarizing myself with how everything is run. my plan is to eliminate, consolidate, organize and simplify. get the wiring neat, and bare bones. i want to eliminate the 2 fuse boxes and use just 1, get rid of anything i dont need. probably wont even wire in high beams lol.

wipers and blinkers will be my biggest hurdle. wipers i think i can work, but getting functional blinkers without the ICM will be difficult, i may just wire them up to the switch and manually blink themby repeatedly hitting the switch lol. unless there are some aftermarket generic blinker boxes available.

i thought that the actual blinking was controlled in the hazard switch on the dash? but, maybe thats what you are talking about when you say icm.

i know some pontiacs are like that. had to change a few because any time the driver would hit the blinker it would just light up and not flash, same with pressing the hazard button, they just light up. change out the hazard switch, and then they flash, a nice crisp clicking coming from the switch.

My blinkers dont work without my hazard switch plugged in.

I was thinking of something like this

QUICKCAR IGNITION RACE PANELS
ICP20

50-160lflag.jpg

ICP20 with pilot lights
Includes igniton switch, momentary starter button, and 5 fused accessory switches with pilot lights.
Panel W-7" x H-4"

#50-164 - 86.95

yea i was going to buy one of those but decided to make my own panel.

i bought a piece of carbon fiber plate, 12"x24"x2.6mm off ebay for like 50 bucks. will be enough for me to make my switch panel, and plenty left over for other random brackets.

ive pretty much finished making the switch panel (minus the switches). i took out the center vent, cut out all the vent fins, and epoxied on a cut fit piece of cf. its rigid as hell and just clips into place like the stock vent. im going to do the same thing with the drivers vent for the master switch. and im also going to use the cf to make a mounting plate for the firewall quick disconnect.

ill get some pics up soon. electrical stuff will be here tues/wed

CRX failed emissions :(.

Failed HC (4 times the allowed amount)
Failed Gas cap test.

Not sure why the car failed either of these. The car passed last year and nothing has changed. I haven't even driven it since the last emissions test lol. I don't know. The car has also been on a tricke charger for like 4 days and is still only like 3/4 charged and had to be jump started. I ran/drove the car for like 2 hours and still the same. The battery may need to be replaced. I have a warranty on it though. Looks like next retest I'll do the denatured alcohol to be sure.

But screw it. I don't have to get retested until Oct so it's not a priority. I'm going to get started on the re-wiring.

pics of the switch panel.

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_05101.JPG

ill probably cut out a rectangular hole below the switches for the wideband readout.

Last edited:
Seller on eBay. I think his name is Elite Motoring. He has all kinds of carbon in different sizes and colors.

Engine harness has some fitment problems. Sending it back to get fixed :(

And I probably need a new alternator. The top post wire will not come off. The post just spins.

I ripped out all the wiring from the engine bay and chassis. What a pain in the ass. Took out the dash too so it'll be easier running wires. I'm going to get started on the chassis stuff while the engine harness is away.

Back