Nitrous Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Danabis

Been looking around trying to find some info on nitrous first off I'm a little confused about the difference between a wet or dry kit and which is better for a mild kit (50-75 shot) been looking at zex and nx sites and still left with a few questions like is a bottle heater really needed? any additional info would be much appreciated would like to learn as much as I can before buying one of these kits. I'm considering putting either a 50 or 75 shot on my b16 (mostly stock)

if im wrong im sure ill be corrected, but a wet shot basically is fuel and nitrous and dry is just nitrous. wet is better because too much nitrous and not enuff fuel = boom. direct port is the best way to go also, meaning each cylinder gets equal amount of nitrous instead of it just goin into your intake and say only one or 2 of your cylinders gettin all the juice. nx makes this new thing called nozzle that is basically direct port wet shot without having to drill into your intake manifold. zex is safe because the computer unit you get wont let you put too much nitrous and not enough fuel and im pretty sure you can set it up for direct port (might work with nozzle?) as for bottle warmers, not quite sure youd need one unless you live up north cuz gas tends to contract when cold which means it could turn into liquid, again not sure. i would definately recommend a purge kit with any system you might get and i think the general rule of thumb wit nitrous is dont shoot more than 1/2 your hp.

bottle heaters help for pressure. i recommend one. dry is mostly used for small shots like 75 and below. wet is used for higher shots. it also puts more wear and tear on the motor. purge valves are good to have. zex is a good system for small shots. but then again nx is good as well. thats my 2 cents! correct me if im wrong.

on kits that dont require that you drill holes how does it connect? or is there even such a way? thats the main thing that confuses me about the wet and dry kits I kinda figured the wet kit would have some kind of hookup on the intake manifold that require drilling holes and I thought I read that zex enters from your fuel rail somehow just really confused on that part of it since neither sites are really clear about that and somewhat hard to navagate to find that out. I don't want a big headache or to blow my motor really just want something simple and hopefully a 75 shot but will settle for 50 if thats a better bet.

btw longevity of the motor is important to me from what I understand with the new kits out they are safe. This car is a daily driver and will prolly race every other weekend or maybe once a month for fun not interested in competition atm maybe if i hit the lotto or find a rich girl that will change :lol:

the nozzle kit uses these adapters that your injectors plug into which have 2 plugs coming out of them, one for fuel, and one for nitrous. they show adds in most import mags now for dat stuff. if you want a simple, safe kit, just go wit zex. they are reasonably priced.

ok so if im reading this right the zex kit they have for hondas has you drill a hole in your intake tube and install a nozzle there?

ok one last question since im not gonna use a stock motor in my crx (b16) should i call when i order my kit or will the same one work or maybe order the one for the vtec del sol

Speaking of NAAAWSSSS.
I can get a new NOS 2lb wet kit hidden system for $250. Would anything else besides an AEM fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and gauge, injectors, and plugs be needed to safely shoot a 45 shot on the weekends?

dude, i've got a zex kit for sale. its the dry kit.. brand new never been used or filled. comes with a set of 4 brand new zex spark plugs. I want $425 + shipping is theee lowest i can go. shipping will be $10-$20 depending on ur location... i have a had a few interested so let me know... these kits are $470 new (which mine is) and $30 for the plugs so i'm already losing money. comes with original box and instructions. everything that you need for installation. everything still in original packaging.

s3e74a44c638b4.jpg

s3e74a4692dd53.jpg

to shoot 45 with what you have you should be fairly safe
the other thing to consider is to retard timing slightly
and a colder plug

Back