No Power at all...Help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Engine:1.5
Head:p08 Z6
Intake Mani:B7
ECU:p28
Dizzy: TD42U
Engine code: Only the o2 sensor because we dont have it yet.
The cars starts up on first crank. You can rev it but try driving it and it has no real go. My brother told me he had a 2.25 exhaust pipe done and I'm thinkin there was no need for and could be part of the problem because it lacks back-pressure and by the way the car is too damm loud. So am I right?

I'm not sure man, but i had 2.36" piping on my crx w/ b16, then im selling it and getting a new exhaust system w/ the same size piping but quieter exhaust. I put on the stock system and i have no power whatsoever, it is more of a terd now.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 1 2005, 10:55 AM
Compression test??
[post=533970]Quoted post[/post]​

Compression test per cylinder:
#1:184psi throtle closed
#2:154psi(throttle closed) & 184psi (throttle open)
#3:150psi open & closed throttle
#4:184psi throttle closed

Could the #3 be the problem & why?

thats good comp but you answered your own problem, the car will run like shit without an o2 sensor. 10 bucks says thats your problem.

Originally posted by CoreyR@Aug 1 2005, 10:34 PM
thats good comp but you answered your own problem, the car will run like shit without an o2 sensor. 10 bucks says thats your problem.
[post=534272]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea but it shouldnt be that low should it?

well ill tell you right now my friend had an LS in his CRX and the compression in his motor was all fucked up. he had like 140,120,100,140 or something stupid like that and the car ran great. then he had a bad o2 and he was throwing a code for it and the car ran like shit and had no power until we fixed it and it was all good again.

also are you sure VTEC is engaging, did you wire it properly?

i can assure you your compression would not make that much of a diff.

Originally posted by CoreyR@Aug 1 2005, 10:51 PM
well ill tell you right now my friend had an LS in his CRX and the compression in his motor was all fucked up. he had like 140,120,100,140 or something stupid like that and the car ran great. then he had a bad o2 and he was throwing a code for it and the car ran like shit and had no power until we fixed it and it was all good again.

also are you sure VTEC is engaging, did you wire it properly?

i can assure you your compression would not make that much of a diff.
[post=534284]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

34 psi between cylinders is something to be concerned about. Sounds like your head gasket may be blown between the two low cylinders. But it could be a number of things. Rings used up, bent valves, sticky valves, cracked head or cylinder wall in a worst case scenario.

Do install an oxygen sensor. I hope that fixes your problem, but not likely. After checking all the easy stuff, (timing, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, injectors, blah blah) I would check the head gasket.

Back