No Start on 91 Civic Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LudeBoy

Slave to the EF
This f'in problem has been plaguing me on these cars for some time now. Some times my 89 will refuse to start. It will turn over, it gets gas but no spark. I eliminated some harnesses and the problem went away only to return once in a blue moon. The problem is I bought a 91 hatch and it has been running wonderfully until Today. It refused to start in the same fashion as the 89. They have the exact same engine/trans setup. Both 1.5 5- speed tranny. EVERY SENSOR is new in the 89. The problem still exists? I have read the haynes manual and did tests on the coil and it was fine. The 91 hatch has a brand new distribitor. I am running out of ideas here. Note, I replaced the computer on the 89 and unless i replaced it with a bad computer the problem happend before and after the replacement.

Guys and Gals, ANY help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Alan

Thanks guys. I will be visiting Honda at lunch today.

Well,
Cpl Things.

1. The recall was alredy performed on both cars.
2. A New ignitor from honda costs 115 bones.
3. The 91 Hatch has a 1 mo old Distributor in it.
4. It seems as if it is totally random when the starting problem happens. The 91 hatch is stuck at a exhaust shop due to it not starting
My question is, is the ignitor located inside the distributor?

Thanks guys,

AUTOZONE.COM REPAIR SECTION
FREE MANUALS ONLINE

CHECK IT OUT

and i don't know or i would answer you, not trying to be a dick here...
and uhm, try a junk yard, cheapest way to "throw parts" at a car/car problem

Yeah where do you think my 89's distributor came from ;) . Unfortunatly they are $269 new and VERY hard to come by in a junkyard. It took me a cpl months of searchin the yards in STL to find 1. Thanks for the Autozone hint though. Wasnt aware of that.

yea, i use auto zone repair section alot

but they don't have newer than 95 on their website, i don't think
haven't looked in a while though

and yea, every civic in the yards by me have the dist's ripped out of them too
lol

Back