OBD2 To OBD1 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

butterdogg

I Have a 1994 vx hatch and I like to swap a 1996 B18B into it. can I use the existing harnesses from my car? it is wise to do this swap? if yes, how!
thanks in advance

Eddie

I voted no poll,haha.Could he run a obd I ecu and call it a day?Can't you do that on the GSR's?

see, I tend do disagree. I have an OBD II motor in my 92 Hatch, and I just plugged and played. NO cutting or nothing, and everything seems to be fine!

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 13 2003, 08:23 AM
Just go buy an obd 1 distrib, ecu, injectors and you can use your stock harness.

wrong- you only need the obd1 ls ecu. Why dont you tell me why you would not use the obd2 injectors and distributor?

ALLJDM- :werd:

Originally posted by SolReaver+Feb 13 2003, 10:07 AM-->
Domeskilla
@Feb 13 2003, 08:23 AM
Just go buy an obd 1 distrib, ecu, injectors and you can use your stock harness.

wrong- you only need the obd1 ls ecu. Why dont you tell me why you would not use the obd2 injectors and distributor?

ALLJDM- :werd:

Simply b/c when i started here, all i seen was "get obd 1 injectors, ecu and distrib". So i was wrong, i learned something.

dude all you need is an obd1 ecu and conversion harness, skunk2 makes one and so do a bunch of people, check ebay i see a lot of obd2 to 1 conversion harnesses for sale there...

What would you need a conversion harness for,you can run it with a OBD I ECU and it all plugs up.

Back