OEM Headgasket or Aftermarket...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Which do you choose and why? Also if you choose aftermarket please tell me what brand you would go with.

P.S. The reason i ask is because i took my head off to replace my headgasket and to put in new headstuds to get ready for the Rev Hard kit this spring.(Its going on my JDM B18C GSR Hatchback). I plan to run 8- 12 psi.

THANKS!

Is there anywhere else where i can buy an OEM headgasket other than my local Acura dealership that way i can save some money?

Last I checked Felpro was composite crap, inferior to the OEM metal gasket.

I wouldn't worry about thick headgaskets or doubling up on stock ones, I'd just tune the car correctly from the go.

there is a west minster honda dealership with a site that sells top end kits for $85, i suggest you buy that shit cause it will be cheaper in the long run. go with oem, its correct to the engine.

i used cometic one time and i blew that gasket out around the layers...fuckin pos, ill never buy that shit again.

fel pro...fel pro is good.

who told you mugen head gaskets are re-usable if they dont blow?

some dude at who owns a shop that went to a honda-tech meeting 2 weeks ago. he said if they arnt messed up and you take your head off for anyreason you can re use them.

i dont about mugen head gaksets, but, when you torque a head gasket down and the engine heats up, it crushes it to fit.

Fel pro makes good domestic gaskets, but they use composite materials for their Honda gaskets. For FI, that is bad, mkay?

OEM = steel.

Back