Paint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

'im gettin that fo sho!'
For now i plan on just priming my car with maybe a clear coat over that, but can u guys tell me what are the advantages, disadvantages to using spray paint compared to having it painted, cuz im thinking that if its not going to let my car rust in like the next year that ill just use spray paint, and im sorta looking for the flat black look anyway, since u cant see the thing parked at night lol, then again ill never find my car drunk again(not that i drink and drive or anything or that im saying u should try it :D)

i used spray paint on my car.if your going for just a flat color then just make sure you dont tiger stripe it,i would recommend getting the blue/red top cans tough that spray in a wide pattern,opposed to the traditional white tops that spray in a small circle.tae your time, and it will be fine

ok thanks, i just have heard that spray paint lets water get to the metal and rust under the paint, but idk, and i can paint pretty good, especially with spray paint lol but wouldnt the wide pattern make it easier to not stripe it? ive never used them before just the white tops

ive never had a problem with spray and rusting,,and ea the wider does help with tiger stripes..use te blue/red top and you will have a better outcome and use wa less cans

if you are rattle can your car just scuff the whole thing with a scotch bright and then use wax and grease remover. .but theres no rattle can paint that will last more than maybe 2 years tops and thats if you dont have a winter. if you want a cheep paint job go to wall mart and buy one of there 60 dollor paint guns (assuming you have an air compresor) and go buy a quart of single stage car paint it only costs like 30 bucks a quart and 20 for reducer. the single stage has a built in clearcoat and tiger striping is almost impossible. the only bad thing about a single stage paint is that if you run it you have to start over or live with it.

sounds like a good deal to me, i think ill try the rattle can first and then later down the road try that, when i go do fix the body like i want it, but thanks for all the help guys

index.cfm
dont rattle can it u will see stripes in the paint where the paint isnt even. unless ur just good at it but i would say primer it thats hot but u need to use a real paint gun and it will look hot and heres a pic of my car its flat black

Dont spray paint or leave it in just primer both are very porous and you will see some type of rust it can start from inside out or out side in. If you want a flat black look then get it painted satin black. If your concidering spray painting becouse of money then go to maco you can get your car painted there for $300-$900. I use to paint motor cycles at a shop so im not just talking out of my ass.

well im only planning on having it like this for a year at least, i just want to paint it so that i can go ahead and get the dents and breaks in fiberglass out and be one color

Back