Picked up a motorcycle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
Got my endorsement and picked up a Rebel 250.

upload_2018-8-14_12-49-3.png

Love the minor modifications the previous owner made to the bike. Also love the riding position. I'm still learning, riding around the neighborhood by my house. I definitely look forward to the next day I can hop on it still.

Bike's not perfect. Need to adjust or replace the rear brake. Also the HI/LO beams are wired backwards (aftermarket LED unit). Need to fix that. I'm hoping an intermittent electric issue is related to that as well, haha. Since I'm going to be getting into it, I'm probably going to change all fluids and the brakes front and rear. Start of sort of fresh.

But anyway, who else rides? I'm sure we've talked about it before, but couldn't hurt to rehash.

the rebel is a great bike.
Nearly unchanged for almost 30 years. They must have done something right. The updated versions (300/500) are awesome too. Rode a 300 during a Motorcycle Training Course a few weeks back. I could see myself finding a nice used Rebel 500 in a few years to allow for highway riding.

Nice bike! You're in the best area for riding too, IMO.

I had an SV650 in college but sold it recently because riding in Dallas (and any major city in Texas, really) is terrifying.

I used to ride. I'll buy a new bike next winter/spring. I miss it a lot.

Awesome! I recently bought a rebel 250 for the gf, but I find that it is my go to bike for around town riding and commuting to work. It just so light and easy to ride. The thing is so slow, it actually makes it entertaining.

Ive been doing a lot of ridding the past year, that's kept me off the computer a good bit, that and a few other things. but man after I got back into it I cant believe I stopped riding for so long, best stress relief ever, for me anyways.

Ive been doing a lot of ridding the past year, that's kept me off the computer a good bit, that and a few other things. but man after I got back into it I cant believe I stopped riding for so long, best stress relief ever, for me anyways.
Same here. It's pretty great to just go out and unwind. I would love to use it to commute, but I go in when its still dark out and have to take canyon roads. I just don't trust other drivers that much.

Back