possible motor mount problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pvtjoker122

First of all, I have 97 Civic w/B20 motor and turbo running at about 6psi. My problem started one day when I took off quick in 1st, and as soon as I put the clutch in I heard a pop. Nothing really happened, but ever since then, whenever the engine is under high torque, I've noticed little things, such as it pulls on the shift lever, and the shift lever rattles around a little more than it should. Also, and this is one of the biggest problems, I have had it pop out of 1st gear on its own on several occasions. Whenever I'm in 1st, and after getting to a high rpm, then letting off the throttle quickly it pops out of gear. Like the engine is actually pulling the shift lever out of gear. Could this be because of a bad or loose motor mount? I know the B20 particularly has a lot of torque, so do I need better mounts?

I believe it's just the stock mounts. I might just go ahead and see if I can getsome Hasport mounts. But anyway, I think I may have found the bad mount, it's the tranny mount. When I grab hold of it and yank on it, it makes kind of a squeaking noise.

just look at it, you will see its torn or just worn out all to hell. Eitherway, replace them all :)

Now I found out that its the driver side mount, that might explain why the engine is jumping up and hitting the left side of the hood sometimes. I just bought a hasport street mount for it, so hopefully that should help it. Thanks for all your help. :)

Back