Project Greenrio

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

8283817F-3436-485C-A6D9-E3C5A8887874.jpeg
971E5C36-9267-408B-9DCB-56EE5B5E1BCE.jpeg
E0E0C843-A518-4D76-AAE8-820F2258AA80.jpeg
Ohhhhkay 3rd times a charm. Picked up the replica “wheel bearing spacer selection tool” from the festiva store there’s definitely play. So this is where I’m at. Will rectify this tomorrow at some point.

Not bad. I don't trust the fuel gauge in my civic after it ran out of gas sitting in my garage.

It can't be hard to find a "probably" good gas tank though, right?

i'm not going to bother trying at this point, lol after the debacle of getting the tank out of the donor to scrap it (and the possibility of breaking the hard lines) it isn't worth the trouble.

ive never actually emptied the tank. just filled it after every hundred miles or so. in the summer i'll run it and see how much i get.

You can have one faulty, speedo/odo, or fuel gauge.
Once both fail, you're truly rolling the dice.

I had a car that had neither a speedo/odo, or a fuel gauge, and the tank leaked so I couldn't even fill it up to just run it for a week or whatever number of days. Started from the bottom now we here!

you're not wrong lol

i know it isn't the gauge... its the sender and it's in the tank. i've replaced the cluster already with a tach'd cluster. a replacement cluster is 20 bucks and 20 minutes of work lol. the tank problem could leave the car stranded in the garage for days or weeks with my motivation level.

I agree with your current course of action 100%.
Trying to mess with an old gas tank with suspect bolts? nah... if it don't leak just let it ride
Just reset the trip. That car should be good for at least 300 miles on a tank.

Leave the tank unless you need to do it. I tried to replace the rotted fuel sending unit in my truck and gave up. Partially because the wife didn't like tilted bed method to get to the tank. Other part was everything was rotted and didn't want to come loose. I had the truck towed to the garage, $500 in labor.

The bearings in the yard knuckle do not look great. I am going to take a brake and start on the rear gear and metal lines. Trying to find 8 foot lengths with the 3/16 bubble fittings before I resolve to making them myself.

C0231772-71F9-4A2D-9D71-F7F7B8A3B39D.jpeg
4E41381B-6421-4AC9-915B-8CA441A77C96.jpeg
C96B760D-BC09-43EC-A4BC-6402CF211CB7.jpeg

Back