project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well then crank that thing up man. kinda aim it a little up, then cut the support some more to raise the other end.

page 16 :owned:

:werd: Just go get an OEM Lip and call it a day on the whole hanging down below.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 25 2003, 04:39 PM
With the IC now in place, it was time to start fuckign with the charge pipes.... they aren't cut right, so i made a few cuts. I'm going to need one more coupling to make this happen now that we've cut the upper charge pipe in two, took about 1.5 inches out of its length. its still a little tall too, i might make one more cut depending on how it fits once i have another coupling.

my god its crooked... gotta fizix that shizit

DSC00485.JPG

you can hardly notice it, don't worry about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: J/K nice work

Me likey ;) ;) :p :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 25 2003, 05:49 PM
its not the charge pipe--- its the outlet on the IC. its all the way up. unless i want to cut the ENTIRE front end of my car off, thats as high as its going.

moving the outlet is not an option dude. lol

what i meant was to cut the outlet to the charge pipe from the intercooler and lower it on the intercooler, like this:

s3f9cac5046ce9.jpg

no. id have to re-weld it, cut a new whole etc. and no one know how to weld aluminum....

and for the 3rd time, WRONG SIDE. its the other side thats hanging too low....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 27 2003, 12:42 AM
no. id have to re-weld it, cut a new whole etc. and no one know how to weld aluminum....

and for the 3rd time, WRONG SIDE. its the other side thats hanging too low....

in my original post i said to do it to both sides. both sides hang past the bumper. you were all about doing stuff right in your earlier posts and it was just a suggestion. covering it up with a lip is not a good solution.

my brother is certified and can weld aluminum. im sure he'd be happy to do it for you for a few bucks.

im not taking it off to ship. i gottta fuck with it some more....

tomorrow night if im not at loras, i'll get to it...

torential downpour here on the coast of ct currently

and that car will be sick B keep it up

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Oct 27 2003, 12:53 AM
my brother is certified and can weld aluminum. im sure he'd be happy to do it for you for a few bucks.

Really? Hmmm... :lol:

It cant, you have to be specially trained and certified.

i may be wrong but aluminum is welded by TIG welding (Tungsten Inert Gas) you can also buy a spool gun and a tank of argon i belive to hook up to the 220 millers MIG machines

aluminum can be tig welded and mig welded

i am government qualified in both. (norfolk naval shipayrd)

B i've done the relocation of the pipes on the intercooler.

it's not very hard at all. i would need intstructions or rather blueprints pointing out the measurement to move the pipes.

i suggest you PM me if you decided to turn down that road.

Looks good B.

You made some great progress. We installed a JY turbo kit on a blue Si Del SOl this weekend here... I kept thinking about your headaches as we spent a total of oh... 4 REAL hours putting a 16g on the guy's li'l 150k mile Z6...

It'll be dead in 3-4 days, I'll bet. :)

Your car on the other hand... Looks f'ing badass. Just get a lip to cover the intercooler, and make a kind of "skid plate" for it, so that you don't scrape it to death. That would suck badly. Just some angled aluminum with a 1/2" side, and a 4" side help up with the same bolts you used on the intercooler supports should suffice. Just enough to keep the intercooler from actually making contact on steep driveways and stuff.

:thumbsup: Yo! :)

Back