Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMB16AEJ

Hey everyone, Im new to the site. I have a couple questions about swaps..

1) I have a jdm b16a in a 93 civic coupe, what rad hoses do i use to replace the stock jdm ones, as mine are cut. I hear gsr ones will work, but are quite a bit to big for the rad, possibly del sol work?

2) what replacement parts do i use in my rear jdm sir disc swap? 92-95 stock civic parts? integra parts? thanks

i just got done with the same exact swap in the same year. mine is an EX.
what is your?
i had to end up going to the dearship. dont go to advance auto part,or autozone because the will not have the right hoses. no mater what. i promise.
go to the closest honda dealership and order some rad hoses from a 93-97 del sol vtec. very important that you say that exact car. i had to be delsol vtec.
and about the hoses to radiator, you will have to use a hose clamp and tighten it down. it will work.

rear brake. ( which i also got) you will need the brake lines from a 92-95 civic ex or si with abs. your drum brake lines wont work.
and they say to also replace the proportioning valve to a 40/40, and also the master cylinder. i think 15/16. yours should be a 7/8. you will find it writen on the pass side of the master. but you might be able to get away with just useing your stock stuff
good luck man. i am greatly enjoying mine.

Thanks for the info, when i mean replacement parts for the brakes, i mean for the pads, rotors, calipers etc. do i use them from a 92-95 civic with discs? or do i get 94+ gsr pads rotors etc, just wondering about size difference and which one will work without having to replace the caliper bracket. Thanks for reply :)

i would say, use the civic pads. sence that is what it came off.
but i would suggest taking off the pads and taking them in with you.
i had ahell of a time trying to get new pads.

The simplest way to do a rear disc conversion is to get everything related to it off a 3rd gen teggy. the trailing arm, upper and lower control arm, spindle, caliper, rotor, and pads. you can also use the e-brake and hydraulic brake lines from that integra. I am planning this myself, and that's what I have found in my research anyways.

I already have the jdm sir rear discs, trailing arm, hoses, cables, etc, just wanna replace the pads and rotors with some green and brembo or something.

all parts are the same as the usdm 92-95 civic rear discs

yeah i have 93 si rear breaks in my crx. disc all around is so great! the pads on the back are small and i had to take mine with me they totally gave me the wrong stuff the first three times....

Back