Research time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackJDMdeath

ok i think im sold on the kit i built on ks-motorsports, only there are some factors that i really dont know what to choose... like which intercooler would work best for my application, and which compressor to get, the garret t3/t4 (no specs) or the turbonetics t3/t4 .57 trim 63 a/r. also i dont know if it matters whether i get the max rev downpipe or the rev hard downpipe. i dont want to get all this great wow stuff when i could have gotten something else and it could have worked just as good or possibly better. im going out on a limb without much information available. i dont understand the compressor sizing guide... thing. if you need to know what all i have so far its in my profile. i will be sleeving, forged pistons, rods, new valve train when i do the turbo as well. if you need any more information just ask, im not real sure on what to provide.

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Oct 7 2002, 03:26 AM
ok i think im sold on the kit i built on ks-motorsports, only there are some factors that i really dont know what to choose... like which intercooler would work best for my application, and which compressor to get, the garret t3/t4 (no specs) or the turbonetics t3/t4 .57 trim 63 a/r. also i dont know if it matters whether i get the max rev downpipe or the rev hard downpipe. i dont want to get all this great wow stuff when i could have gotten something else and it could have worked just as good or possibly better. im going out on a limb without much information available. i dont understand the compressor sizing guide... thing. if you need to know what all i have so far its in my profile. i will be sleeving, forged pistons, rods, new valve train when i do the turbo as well. if you need any more information just ask, im not real sure on what to provide.

good choice :) It's what i will be getting when the time comes. the price, really can't be beat. Quality parts, at a price less than a drag kit.

first off, what IS your application? what are you trying to build? you mention sleeves and pistons and such... thats great and all, but that could be for 8-3123123123 psi. what do you want? drag trailer queen? fast street car? quickspooling autoX'er?

the turbonetics turbo is considered an upgrade from the garett, as it is a name brand, while the garett is simple a generic turbo. you's have to email kyle (kyle@ks-motorsports.com)for more info about it.
the 'cooler any work, its really a amtter of preference. I personally don't like the looks of the max rev cooler- new, they look like a radiator with 100k on it... i dunno.. maybe it was jsut a bad pic, but im not fond of it. I'd choose the rev hard out of that list. the skyline one is great, but it is also pretty big. the max rev down pipe is very nice. I'm getting that one.

here's what i chose from that list for my set up on my ls/t im trying to build. Im going to run 8 around town, and i want 12 or so on weekends, and a little more for a pass or 2 at the track. so, basically, im trying to build a fast street car, with a weekend worier built in.

manifold/DP : maxrev
piping/cooler : rev hard
wastegate: tial 35mm HP
trubonetics turbo upgrade
greddy type R BOV
and standard oil lines/fittings.
with no hondata option, its 3200....

with hondata s200 all options its 4113.

so for 400 more than a drag kit, you get a better turbo, a better wastegate, a better BOV, hondata s200 with full options, and a way better manifold and downpipe.

its un touchable.

let me know if i can offer any more info on it for ya

im not sure what compression pistons i would be going to... and yea, basically i want the same thing you do out of my car.

that kit is designed more for b-series than h-series IMO, especially for higher horsepower.... even though they have an h-series manifold option. (which you need)

i dont know much about the h-series, so i don't want to give wrong info.

However, i do know that the turbo probably isn't suited for the motor as well as it would on a b-series, although, it will work... i dont know.

what specifcally are you asking? you said no one answered, yet i replied with a whole bunch of shit about what you asked. what did i miss.??

the turbonetics turbo is considered an upgrade from the garett, as it is a name brand, while the garett is simple a generic turbo.

the turbonetics turbo is a garret turbo with a Turbonetics housing. so saying its an upgrade really isnt true.

I would use a garrett turbo any day over a Turbonetics, for some reason when they put the turbo together over there, they dont use the best seals and they end up leaking after 1 use...

Garrett all the way

I think Turbonetics uses a ball bearing also instead of the roller bearing.

Back