running b16a1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDA_F1

is it safe to take to take my b16a1 to 8000rpms or do the springs need to get changed because i've heard that the valves smash into the pistons at high revs ...is this true?

My shift point is right at 8K.. I have revved mine 2 9K a couple times..

But 8K no problem.. Shit I hit that about 20 times when I take my car out..

lol i know
but i've just heard people say the springs wear out and lose there strength

belive me when i take my bro's s2000 out it hits 9k plenty of times...and the rsx type-s we had went into the red alot =)

i thought the first gen b16s were set at 8k... but i may be wrong. i know that mine is 8200.

i'm sure it's fine. :) otherwise, i think honda would have done something about it.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jan 19 2005, 03:16 PM
i thought the first gen b16s were set at 8k... but i may be wrong. i know that mine is 8200.

i'm sure it's fine. :) otherwise, i think honda would have done something about it.
[post=448105]Quoted post[/post]​

im not saying its bad ...i know mines set at 8200 as well
but im asking if everything is able to handle it engin internal wise after sitting around for so long and its age....thats all

jw if i need to replace anything to be safe

Yes, OEM redlines are set way low so that there is almost no chance of smacking a valve. My b16 is old and I rev that bitch up to 8200 all the time....ahhhh I miss my rex....anyhoots, yes you will be fine reving to 8200 RPM. Normal wear and tear isn't going to make much of a difference in your case.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Jan 22 2005, 08:58 AM
fuck 8 go to 9!!!!
[post=449581]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, My dude with tha b16a at the track didnt feel like shifting out of 2nd, and he checked the vafc's history and he hit 9211rpm. lucky he didnt rev higher, b/c he wasnt paying any attenton, and has no rev limiter. if he'd of blown it, atleast we would know where to stop.

The important question to answer is where you motor makes power to. If you not making power over 7K, the only reason to rev it that high is the rice factor. Dyno runs can tell you the answer to that question.

umm my peak torque(not hp) is at 7k....stock

are you saying i have compresstion loss or there is something wrong with moter and if thats the case there no reason to rev it that high?

there isn't a reason to rev it that high, unless your motor makes power up there. and yes, some do. i can 'safely' rev mine to 9, but i don't, because the power just isn't there... plus, i haven't rid myself of the limiter yet.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 4 2005, 03:43 PM
there isn't a reason to rev it that high, unless your motor makes power up there. and yes, some do. i can 'safely' rev mine to 9, but i don't, because the power just isn't there... plus, i haven't rid myself of the limiter yet.
[post=456519]Quoted post[/post]​

How can you "safely" rev a stock SIR-II to 9k?

did i say my sir II was stock? no. i'm just mentioning, it's POSSIBLE. is it SMART? no. is it making power?? no. so... that was my point.

Back