S2000 oil change

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok... What about a blue OEM filter and Castrol synthetic oil because I can't think of anywhere where I can get Mobil 1 shit.

dude, go mobil/mobil, we have regulars come in that use mobil oil/filter and their shit is always cleeaaaan, even after 5k miles. Ive used it for a while now. It also runs cooler than other synthetics ive tried. Wal-Mart carries it if other parts stores dont.

I don't think so. I thought they were made by Hamp?

JDM ones were(Hamp was a division of another company IIRC). Both US and JDM filters are manufactured by other people now I believe. Fram(Honeywell) was manufacturing filters for Honda for a while, but that might have changed.

I believe all Honda filters are blue minus the green Hamp ones.

Mobil products should be easy to find. Even Wal Mart carries Mobil 1 oil.

Is there a different type of filter for synthetic oil? I don't think so.

im a bit drunk. but i believe you can get mobile 1 at like any arab gas station for about 5 bucks a quart. expensive bastards...

Any national auto parts shop or wal-mart will have mobile 1. I use fram filters exclusively, mostly because I just always have, but the Bed-liner style grip they mold into them is a real bonus. You can dip your hand in axle grease and oil slurry and still get that filter off with a bare hand.

Any national auto parts shop or wal-mart will have mobile 1. I use fram filters exclusively, mostly because I just always have, but the Bed-liner style grip they mold into them is a real bonus. You can dip your hand in axle grease and oil slurry and still get that filter off with a bare hand.
Not saying anything against Fram filters but when I worked at the dealership we had a problem with almost everytime we had one come in. The rubber ring around the end you screw on the block a lot of times would come off and we would have to use a gasket scrapper to get the rubber ring off. Other than that I don't have a problem with them I used to use them on my Cougar before I sold it.

changing oil??

when did people start doing that??? i have 214,658 miles on my car shoud i change my oil?

Great. We used a blue OEM filter and Mobil 1 synthetic oil. My dad said it runs smoother.

If you are still worried you can use a good synthetic mixed with 10 or 20% lucas oil, it can really help.

Back