Sleeving the TYPE-ARRRRRR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

Well, the time has come. Since the original Douchebag that owned my motor decided to ruin the things OEM sleeves, its time for DARTONS. My question to you all, is where, or who, to go through to get my sleeves for the best price. I am looking into getting these sleeves --> Sleeves

I want DARTON MID SLEEVE KIT:B18/84mm. Cheapest I have found is here -->Race Enginerring

Please...... help me build my monster....

yikes the cost of shipping is not gonna be pretty, but it will be well worth it when you get it back. b18c5 bored and honed to 84mm will be a very nice setup. :thumbsup:

I don't know who will have the best price on darton sleeves, call around.

My experience is to let your machinist handle it. If they have the experience that they should have if you are even letting them touch your block, they will already be getting them to you as cheap if not cheaper than you will be able to find them for. Saves on shipping and headache, if you have never been in the crossfire of a machine shop avoid it. If they source the parts then it is their problem. No finger pointing. my machinist gets me all pistons, rods, and sleeves to me for about the same price or less as I can get them for wholesale. Builders get the best price break from all of these suppiers for obvious reasons.

hey buddy. try Golden eagle. I believe their sleeves to be far superior, and the price is better too.

better product + better value in my opinion.

Give me a try on sleeving. Feel free to critisize the work FULLY. I stake my repuation on it its so good.

And when you get the block back, it will be the cleanest block you have seen with your eyes so far.

watch.

No hype. Real deal.

Jeff

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 15 2004, 12:14 PM
<- has an IB spec GE sleeved block

<-- Wants one too.

What are your prices for the sleeves and the labor? How long would it take to get the block back, and do I have to pay to have it shipped to you and back?

I know that your products are super good and reliable, I have read ever IB spec this and that thread that is posted on this board, and would definetly like to try you. The only thing that steers me away is shipping the block. I have no idea how I would go about this, and to have to pay an extra $300 to ship my block both ways, that money could go towards my pistons or rods.

So if you could e-mail me, PM me, link me, or just post in this thread a little more detail on your whole block handling process, I would appriciate it.

:) Just imagine, an IB spec GE sleeved ITR block in a CRX......... :ph34r:

I guarantee satisfaction.

Its exactly what customers want. The best. Even though I talk it up to be real good, as you can see. Some people might think I am just a salesman, and its hype. But watch. Every customer that gets it. It EXCEEDS what they thought, because its better than I talk about it like.

and your in the cont USA right? You pay to ship it there, and I pay to ship it back, AND provide the packaging and insurance back.

Jeff

I know this is off topic, but where is IB located? There is so much hype about them and I dont doubt any of it, but I would like to check out this place if its close by.

I am in Orange County. But I don;t have a facility anymore where people can go. I built a house from the ground up last year during when I was closing my dyno facility. And I incorporated everything I need to run a business into my new house. Now, since I am not distracted and don't have 3,000 a month in overhead just to sell 1 set of pistons, I have increased my:

1) Turn around time
2) Overall quality by several fold.

And, I have lowered my prices since I don't throw 3k a month toward a building I just used to build motors and dyno cars. So its better for customers.

So, because of the new situation, customers get:

a better product
a better value
better turn around time.

I also have a 3 year old little boy, and I wanted to spend alot more time with him, and going to a commercial location 70-80 hours a week is no way to raise a kid. I care about my kid, more than I care about anything else.

Currently, and some customers know this, they are happy that I did this, because quality is UP, turn around time is BETTER and the price is DOWN.

Also, I can give people more attention through e-mails and articles, that I could not do before.

Sleeves, wise. I will challenge anybodies sleeve to a direct, scientific evaluation with the ones I use and post the results on my main page, win or lose. Because I can already tell you from years of experience, research and science being applied, that the sleeves we use, from GE, are truely the best you can buy, regardless of money. Design, materials, finish quality, is all excellent. Turn around time? How about this.

IF it takes longer than say, 20 working days before its shipped back (sent out), I will knock $100 off the price.

No long waits here. I am not trying to say other sleeving companies are BAD. They are not bad. I am just saying, that in my opinion, GE is better. a 10/10. While others might be 9/10 or whatever, I am just telling customers WHY the ones I use are better.

its like the piston test I had done...somebody from another organization threw out there the notion that their product was great and that if somebody did a test it would re-affirm this. Well....I paid to have it done, and the results, in my opinion were the opposite of that claim because clearly, clearly, Wiseco just dominated the competition on almost every arguable point, design, measurements, price, specs, whatever, it is a clear winner.

I Paid alot of money for that piston test, and if a bunch of people want to throw in like 20 bucks each or something, I can have every freaking sleeve on the market scientifically analyzed for the benifit of you guys, the customers. What do you think guys? $20 each from a bunch of people (35+) and I have that test done?

Hondaswap official sleeve test. Sponsored by Import Builders. I will put the product I sell in there, 2 different kinds, with complete confidence. I just want you guys to have the best product. How am I gaining anything by selling anyone a lesser product? I don;t and I am not a cheap salesman.

Thanks fella's.
Jeff

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jul 15 2004, 12:56 PM
The only thing that steers me away is shipping the block. I have no idea how I would go about this, and to have to pay an extra $300 to ship my block both ways, that money could go towards my pistons or rods.

Ship the block via FEdEx ground. I have shipped many blocks cross country and normally costs around 45-75 to ship it. I ship trannies via FEdEx ground too, small wood crates, cross country, normal costs around 50-80 bucks.

Golden Eagle blocks are nice, but I will have to say their customer service sometimes sucks.

Well Jeff, you will definetly be getting my buisness. But it will be a little bit longer before I can send it. You see, one of my best friends, actually the friend that gave me the ITR block, recently lost his job. And he unfortunatly is in a lot of debt. So now he is forced to sell his car. It is a 1995 Civic EX coupe with a B16/turbo. Well, today, he offered me his entire turbo kit for $1900. It is a complete kit, it is running and has less than 500 miles on it. And seeing as how a deal like that doesn't come around everyday, and he is a good friend that needs help, I decided that the first purchase to my ITR monster boost build would be the Turbo Kit.

But have no fear, for the quote that you gave me today, in a little over a month, if I play my cards right(I can get easy O/T at work) you will have my block in your possesion for the rest of the build. Untill then, I will be looking at this turbo kit that cannot be bolted to anything yet. :(

your gonna love the power an ITR turbo will give you. I'm still @5psi and the power is unreal. can't wait til I tune higher!!!!!! :D

With some other parts, like intake manifold, and downpipe thats good, as well as equal length, its not uncommon to see about 250 WHP @5 PSI.

Jeff

Back