Snowpocalypse!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's a lot easier here if you do multiple shoveling sessions.

I tried doing it all at once, and it really sucked.

we got about 8 inches at my house....... new record for most snow fall at one time..... trees and power lines are down everywhere.

Speaking of trees, the Great Oak looks to have been killed by this year's winter:

The Great Oak at the Gates of the Dead near Chirk was 1,200 years old, dating from the 9th century. According to legend, in 1165, King Henry II of England, preparing to meet Owain Gwynedd in the Battle of Crogen, commanded his men to clear Ceiriog Woods but ordered the then-300-year-old Great Oak to be spared.

Winter Overcomes 1,200-year-old Oak | GreenAnswers

we got about 8 inches at my house....... new record for most snow fall at one time..... trees and power lines are down everywhere.

I was wondering where you and mike were to talk about the dallas snow.

facebook is just like 'everything is shut down everywhere. even walmart' no one in dallas is prepared for anything more than an inch of snow.

Who has the logging rights to something like that? Lumber from that tree would fetch a premium. It would be a shame to let it go to waste, but I'm sure the hippies will want it to decompose and continue the "circle of life" (cue Lion King music).

Fuckin hippies. I want furniture made from 1200 year old wood!

It its defense it was getting weak, some pieces of it were beginning to rot. I for one want to make a club out of one of the branches. :D:ph34r::eek:

Back