so done with gamestop.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had a grandia game... Can't remember which one it was but it was wicked easy. The battle system was... Unique to say the least.

Are there any Western style RPGs out for the DS? I've tried, but I have a hard time getting in to the Japanese games...

Are there any Western style RPGs out for the DS? I've tried, but I have a hard time getting in to the Japanese games...
you know, i dont blame you. RPGs were never big here until the early 2000s and I hated them as a kid. Try Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest 5 for the DS, and if you dont like those, JRPGs will NEVER be your genre since those are consider the pinnacle of classic JRPG.

if youre thinking along the lines of Bioshock or Mass Effect type, i dont really think so. the closes you'll get is platformers with RPG elements like Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside story, Zelda and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. All of which I recommend, especially Kingdom Hearts if you've never played any before.

If you have a DS (any type except 3DS), I strongly recommended getting a flash cart because unlike PS3/Xbox 360 games, there arent that many places where you can rent (maybe besides gamefly) before you buy. And like the Wii, there a bunch of crappy ass games flooding both systems because theyre so popular. And if you end up liking the game, you can buy it to support the developers.

Last edited:
bowsers inside story is great. kingdom hearts i did not care for, its just a hackandslash...

you know, i dont blame you. RPGs were never big here until the early 2000s and I hated them as a kid. Try Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest 5 for the DS, and if you dont like those, JRPGs will NEVER be your genre since those are consider the pinnacle of classic JRPG.

if youre thinking along the lines of Bioshock or Mass Effect type, i dont really think so. the closes you'll get is platformers with RPG elements like Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside story, Zelda and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. All of which I recommend, especially Kingdom Hearts if you've never played any before.

If you have a DS (any type except 3DS), I strongly recommended getting a flash cart because unlike PS3/Xbox 360 games, there arent that many places where you can rent (maybe besides gamefly) before you buy. And like the Wii, there a bunch of crappy ass games flooding both systems because theyre so popular. And if you end up liking the game, you can buy it to support the developers.

Yeah, I love the Fallout games. Something along those lines would be nice. And yeah, unfortunately all I have is a 3DS. Used to have a DS, but traded it to get the 3DS...

Back