So I am quitting smoking.....again.......for the last time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

painful......

yet oddly erotic

:ph34r:

Nothing odd about that. You're turning Japanese.

3+ years for me... Just woke up one morning and said "i quit"... Haven't smoked since...

Stay awake from the bars for AT LEAST a month...

I still crave ALL THE TIME... The only reason I don't pick one up... I dont want to give up the 3 year accomplishment I've made..

Actually, something that was a HUGE help for me... I made a LiveJournal and posted about my cravings in it...

Still going strong. It has been a week now and really it hasn't been all that hard to deal with. I still get a small craving like after a meal or every now and then in the car but it is nothing to major. I have already been to the bars and it wasn't too bad. I tell you though I have had some strange dreams as of late. Also I am starting to understand what people are talking about when they say your taste and smell get better.

Last edited:
good luck, but never think that you are over smoking I quit for over a year then started up again. Used the stress from buying a house as an excuse to light up, but the truth of the matter is I had a weak moment. hard to beleive that after a year I still had an occasional craving for a cig, and one weak moment + a craving made me a smoker again.

good luck, but never think that you are over smoking I quit for over a year then started up again. Used the stress from buying a house as an excuse to light up, but the truth of the matter is I had a weak moment. hard to beleive that after a year I still had an occasional craving for a cig, and one weak moment + a craving made me a smoker again.

Yeah i know. I quit for year when I was in college.

I think cigs might be more addictive than crack, not sure and not will to start smoking crack to find out one vice is enough for me

damn might as well start smoking crack then and go for the trifecta

2 weeks! So far the most annoying thing has been the 8 pounds I have gained. From what I have read it is normal though and it will fall off gradually. I never knew that each smoke burns 200 calories.

I've said this so many times. one mre can't hurt

ZY-FUCKING-BAN

4, 4 months years and not a puff, bitches

No I didn't use Zyban as I heard some pretty bad experiences about it. I just went cold turkey thats all. Just thought I would give an update.

good job bud.

yes, smoking naturally keeps you thinner, but i don't buy its 200 calories thing.

i smoke about 20-30 cigs a day...
thats 4000-6000 calories. lol

i'd be on the concentration camp diet if that were true

2 weeks! So far the most annoying thing has been the 8 pounds I have gained. From what I have read it is normal though and it will fall off gradually. I never knew that each smoke burns 200 calories.
i don't buy the 200 calorie bit either. get in the gym man. now you have all that free time you were wasting smoking.

i don't buy the 200 calorie bit either. get in the gym man. now you have all that free time you were wasting smoking.

Free time....what is that? I don't have time in the day to "get into the gym".

Here is the article - I mis spoke when I wrote it before it is 200 calories a day. Not a ton but it all adds up. Plus I guess your metabolism slows after you quit as well

Quit Smoking Weight Gain

I find time to go to the gym... I usually go at 5-530am... its nice because there aren't many people, and you can get in and out quickly and never have to wait for equipment...

And Cold Turkey is the way to go... Get to the 3 month point, then you can use the excuse I use to not smoke... "I've made it this far, i'll be an ASS if i give up now"... Although I want a smoke EVERYDAY... :(

Hang in there. It can get tough.
I quit back in January and have been smoke free since. I went from a half pack/pack-a- day to nothing. Cold turkey worked for me.
I've been to bars and at first had cravings, but replaced the void with more alcohol, :)

Back