So my GF is breaking up with me.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know people have said this before, and I am sure you know it as well... being friends will never work out.

I was with my previous girl for 3.5 years, engaged, living together and overall happy. She said in October that she was done, and she wasn’t feeling "us" anymore. I caught up with her in January, and tried the whole friends thing. It turned into dating, sex, and bed all the time. I ended up getting tired of the BS that is surrounding just being friends, so I called it quits.

I have dated girls since, but it does make it so much easier to swallow knowing my heart is no longer in it either. It may take some "friends" time for you as well as her to realize what each want. That time for me turned my love... for more of hatred. I wouldn’t suggest it for anyone, but it did help solve a lot of quarrels in my life with her.

so overall there has been awesome advice given..and i think its pretty safe to say..you should know what to do now

I'm having a hard time deciding but she's being difficult. I don't want to but I think I'm just going to have to let her go. I had given up everything for this girl. I have no friends, I have nothing left. I'm terrible at meeting people, females included but life goes on and things always get to an acceptable level again.

you can't skin a person with them still alive, they bleed to death too fast

and wtf is this shit?
if she said that she is riding some other dick
or she wants to leave you to fuck someone else ethier way this is WHAT YOU NEED TO DO...
did you even read the thread?

you can't skin a person with them still alive, they bleed to death too fast

and wtf is this shit?
did you even read the thread?

not if you graph them or have medical experience

yeas i read it another way of a women telling you fuck you i want other guys and not you

your an idiot... my girl left me for some other guy, and it is funny she came back. I wouldnt skin her, notr would I shed a tear. I was left in the same situation as you Brian. I had no one, or nothing in my life. It took sometime to get it back, but it works out in the long run. I picked up Golf, and meet people at the courses, and made new friends. I am the shyest person in the world, but if you are someone with people with like interests... you are bound to talk.

Word. My only break up (I did it) was friends afterwards, meaning sex, but no strings attached. It was horrible feeling. I broke it off completely.

And I ended up going to the gym often, like 5x a week and met a ton of cool people and now I'm great friends with all of them.

shit dude...my ex was the best relationship i've had...but the worst break up.....we broke up and said we would be still be friends so we still said i love you and shit cuz we were still close right?...whell maybe a week ta two weeks of being friends, a friend of mine and i went to sturgis and minneapolis for 2 weeks for a vacation and about 2 days before i get home i get a call saying she was fuckin one of my best friends.....moral of the story....end it before you get hurt even worse

im going to disagree with some of the above statements....

you can be FRIENDS...friends dont fuck....so i guess bryan cant be friends with anyone.

meaning sex, but no strings attached. It was horrible feeling.
negative, with sex there are ALWAYS strings attached with a girl. unless she is a skeezy hoodrat, sex means something.

either they want to get you back, they still love you, or she wants to keep tabs on you. sex always means something to a girl.

sucks

She's pulling the it's me not you bullshit. It was pretty random, we've been doing great so I don't know what's up but I'm not happy about it.
if it is onather guy you should just tell here not to talk to you no more and look for another one

if it is onather guy you should just tell here not to talk to you no more and look for another one

Nah, not another guy, but I think I'm gonna have to let her go anyway.

BTW, she keep telling me she doesn't want to kick me out of her life completely. I keep telling her well, it be with me or we're gonna have to stay away from each other.

In reality, I'm a little bitch and want to be around her all the time, almost to the point where I'm willing to get hurt even worse by hanging out with her just to look at her and reminisce , but I'm also not that stupid. As much as I love her I can't see myself stooping that low and emotionally damaging myself so bad. I would end up lying to myself and talking myself into thinking she's still my GF.

Exactly. That's exactly what I did with my last ex. It's totally not worth it, unless you want to learn something you already know the hard way.

ya know what, i have/am going through a lot of the same shit. guys have different logic than girls. yeah, it sucks. yeah, you probably are in love, but the worst part is losing. guys don't like losing. i hate losing, and i'm sure you do to. and thats what getting dumped comes down to. we want to be the dumper and not the dumpee.

we can all agree, breaking up would be easy if we knew it was going to happen. as steve calls it, we would have a golden parachute. the girl we flirt with at school or work, maybe we chat with at a local restaurant.

as soon as you find someone new, you will be fine. the key is to keep your shit clean in the mean time. don't go do something stupid. stay away from drugs and booze. keep busy, take the car out and do some pimpin'.

I agree with everyone who says that they joined a gym. I didn't because of my ex, but it is a great way to occupy yourself and meet new people, and blow off steam/relieve stress while your at it.

Back