Sometimes I feel I'm right too often

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDK,im the hazardous materials supervisor for an air carrier and the first thing I tell new subordinates is I am generally an asshole or at least come off as one. dont take it personal that's just how I am. the heads up is usually enough. then again I don't directly deal with customers.

thats not really a business environment. lol. i'm talking about white collar environment.

i come from the military and a rough neck family. the best discipline is a foot in the ass. not a written warning. but you can't do that and expect to get anywhere. nor can you be an asshole and expect to get anywhere, unless you are in a blue collar career.

true, but you can only live like that if you are a nice, genuine and sincere person. if you are an asshole, then it will piss people off and make them not want to be around you.

businesswise, it's a bad move. it's called diplomacy. sometimes you say more by not saying anything at all.

Very true, I guess I'm a nice, genuine and sincere person. lol

I more or less get along with everyone I come across.

Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

being mean gets shit down.
being nice gets walked all over.

being mean gets shit down.
being nice gets walked all over.

sometimes. you can't really generalize like that. being a good leader means to figure out how each person works best and adapt to it.

i'm from the military, so thats how i think. to put a boot in someone's ass. it's hard to change, but you have to do it.

Dude. I meant day 2 because my girl broke up with me. ...

oh, well you didn't say that. i was hoping it was day 2 of not being a douche. lol

things get better man. if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. 3 billion women in the world. there is always one right around the corner.

It's a struggle now. I haven't contacted her in 2 days. She seems to already have forgotten about me.

Fucking a this blows.

she hasnt' forgotten about you. she's trying to forget about how you acted.

you need to get out. meet new people. i don't mean find a new gf, just be social. it will help you get your mind off it.

Yeah. It's a nightmare though.

Edit: to nicks comment above.

Her sisters are in their mid 30's... Moms at least 55.
I should prolly talk to her mom. Her dad called me and was hella cool.

Last edited:
Back