Stock Honda Axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

doofnoil

how much horsepower can honda axles from a bseries engine handle before
breaking? is 250hp safe?

Im not totally sure if all b series axles are the same- but ive seen b16 axles snap with 156 whp on street tires

wwell... i would have to venture a guess that my car makes more than 156 whp and i have reman. b16 axles that are holdin strong

i fucked my joints all the time, i had a worked b16 and stage 2 act clutch and a disgusting drop.... all which worked against the laws of physics for the life of those poor axles

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 11 2003, 03:47 AM
i fucked my joints all the time, i had a worked b16 and stage 2 act clutch and a disgusting drop.... all which worked against the laws of physics for the life of those poor axles

I believe the drop did it the most tho..

If someone is worried that much, go drop 500 for some race axles and never have to worry.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 11 2003, 06:38 AM-->
prawjEKt Cx
@Jan 11 2003, 03:47 AM

I believe the drop did it the most tho..

If someone is worried that much, go drop 500 for some race axles and never have to worry.

oh trust me i know....... but i could see oe axles breaking 250

lol, i wouldn't say so.... your drop and your clutch is gonna come into play alot too. 250whp is def outta the question

no not really... why the clutch comes into play so much is because of a violent clutch it will engage into gear harshly, therefore putting alot of stress on it....

as always, if you have an LSD, it will balance the violence. you'll prob not go through axles as often with one. i can't say an LSD will prevent you from getting better-than-OE axles, though, `cos I have no experience there.

good luck
-x

so if i got a lsd and a slightly more "violent" clutch than oe, and was running 200 at the wheels, what's my chances of keeping my axles for more than 12 months? this is assuming that i'm not racing(1/4 mile) more than 4-5 times a month. :worthy: in advance

Back