Swap is complete now...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
Well, i am glad to say the swap is completely done now.
We started it at 2pm saturday and finished at 2am.
12 hours on my first B series swap other than a prelude wasnt too bad in my opinion i guess.
No major complications, had to stop midway and call around to friends for the driver's side mount bracket.
I want to thank everyone here at hondaswap that helped me out over the last week with gathering info, it is the only place i could get answers to what i asked, and where the 'search' actually helped.
The swap was overall pretty easy.
For anyone looking to do that same swap, here is what i used:
obd2 b16a2 from a '00 civic Si, into 1995 civic (Ex) coupe.
b16a2+tranny+shiftlinkage: $1100
LS Axles: $250
Universal Flex Radiator UPPER hose: $10
2 wrong UPPER radiator hoses: $30
95 Integra GSR Rear Mount Bracket: $20 from a friend.
96 Integra GSR (Upper) Driverside Mount Bracket: $30 from a friend's friend.
98 Integra GSR Wiring Harness: $60 shipped from ebay.
$1500 exactly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Last nite we had a CEL for Code 10, and today i took the IAT off of my old motor drilled it into the intake, and extended the wires, and now i have no CELs.
:D
And i had one of my friends bend the throttle cable bracket from my d16z6 backwards, and he fitted it onto the Fuel rail, and it worked perfectly.
Idle is perfect and response is perfect with an unchipped p28, but i am looking for an obd1 p30, or a chipped p28 with a SAFE revlimit.
(I put a p72 in there and it ran completely slow)
------------------------------------------
Leftover parts looking to sell/trade:
obd2 p2t ecu from a 00 civic Si.
obd2 Wiring Harness for a 00 civic Si (i broke one sensor plug it is the 'stick' looking plug that goes to the temperature sensor)
00 Civic Si A/C Compressor, wire is cut, but should work with a new plug (NO LINES)
00 Civic Si Power Steering Pump.
All those things had 82k miles on them, and are truly Clean.
Pics upon request.
A BEAT UP d16z6 Swap, this motor did run strong and NEVER let me down ONCE, but i admittedly beat the fucking shit out of this engine, once going 15k without changing the oil. Let oil seep on everything.
The tranny is only good if you need a spare 5th gear or something, because it grinds in every other gear, and it had gear oil once just to slow the leak down, i used to just put 10w40 in there.
I also have the shiftlinkage from a d16z6.
The engine is probly one of the nastiest looking engines you could ever see, but i would be willing to sell it whole or part it out, or whatever.
----------------------------------------------
Anyone with any questions on this same swap feel free to ask, and ill answer as best i can.
For $1500 i am pretty happy overall.
Thanks again to all the people who know their shit.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@May 2 2005, 12:40 PM
pm'ed!! and congrats on the swap
[post=494022]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks, and pm'd u back :D

Glad to hear!
allmotormonster reworked a p72 for my b16a2,pm him I bet he could do the same for you,fast shipping and turnaround also.

Originally posted by deth101@May 6 2005, 02:03 AM
Glad to hear!
allmotormonster reworked a p72 for my b16a2,pm him I bet he could do the same for you,fast shipping and turnaround also.
[post=495841]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the info^ im waitin on civiclxb16 to reply?
He said he would sell me a chipped p28, but never replied with his paypal address?
I have always wanted to burn my own chips.
The source code i saw, reminded me of JS and Perl put together, and i am good with both.
I'd like to get a chipped ECU and a burner so i could try to make my own someday.
Anyone recommend a good burner?
Anyone have a cheap socketed p28? civiclxb16 ???lol
swap still runnin perfect. :D

012.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 12 2005, 09:15 AM
whats up with those lights??? lol
[post=498295]Quoted post[/post]​

hahaha ahh well,

looks good brotha man.

and forget a chipped p28, i got my chip custom built on a dyno, its much better and entirely custom to your specific engine. i dont feel like typing out the ins and outs of it, cause my tuner (#1 tuner in all of canada) showed me how to do it. but he got me 8 extra hp out of my bone stock B16a2 in my sol, it cost me 300 bucks canadian, but im tellin ya, its worth it when you feel how crisp your throttle is after the fact, not to mention my air/ fuel is bang on across the board! :)

I love the way those lights look, i know alot of people don't like em, but that's where people's style comes into play.
HOWEVER i don't suggest buying those lights, as you can't see shit, the halos will burn out in 3 weeks (not always a bad thing), and the wiring harnesses on both sides will fall apart.
That's what $160 will get ya :p
I still love em tho, even if i have to drive with my high beams on because the low beams quit working, and after rewiring them twice and getting out of my car to hit the wires every night, i still would buy another set of those lights, but i'd rewire them before i put them in this time.
I would love to get a chip made on the dyno, but i don't know of any place that i can trust in the phx AZ area to do it?

thanks dude, its still running perfect, now on a chipped p28, runs much better :D

a great chip burner for a great price is the burn1 package from moates.net got mine close to a year ago. have not had any problems with it and their service was top notch. you can also buy the uber1 kit with all the hardware to chip your own ecu... but if you don't feel like you can do it yourself i'm sure you could find somewhere local to solder it in for you for not too much. as for a local dyno... locash racing in phoenix rules. you also live pretty close to the creator of neptune... and incredible ems that runs on your stock ecu similar to uberdata or hondata but blows them out of the water. they guy that made it is an awesome tuner you can find him on the HT boards as HRtuning or at http://www.hrtuning.com/

Back