SWAP problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by reikoshea@Aug 12 2005, 05:40 PM
your old fuel pump is more than satisfactory, just make sure you use the injectors that came with the engine.
[post=539210]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, thanks, I use the new bigger injectors.
Actually, I thought about the fuel pump 'cause I was trying to find a reason why the car ran like it did. I mean, some people say that the moment when VTEC engages should be very distinctive. Well, it is distinctive, but it doesn't push hard. But as it seems personally to me, the car runs great. VTEC turns on, I can hear and feel it. Maybe there is clogging of the oil line or solenoid screen? Maybe it's partly because I use Prelude Si 2.3 gearbox?
Tell me guys, should it be like a real push, when VTEC turns on?

i feel a push in first and second, but thats usually about it...its almost invisible in 4th. You are also feeling sluggish because of the tranny. The gears on the 23 are a lil longer than the 22, so it wont pick up speed as quickly.

VTEC gives a big push in First, second and third gear in my slushbox. There is a sluggishness if you drop out of VTEC between gears. If so, raise your shifting point as high as needed up to redline. I have to shift at 7500ish to stay in VTEC.

Originally posted by tab@Aug 16 2005, 03:04 AM
VTEC gives a big push in First, second and third gear in my slushbox.

If VTEC should give a big push, then I have something wrong with my VTEC. It's not that visible. It's almost a smooth power increase.

What can be the reason? Can it be the oil line or solenoid screen clogging? I drove my car with this VTEC engine using the old P14 ECU (non-VTEC, 2.3 Si) for about 3 months. Maybe that caused this malfunction?

Or the only problem is that we use different words for explaining how we feel VTEC? ;)

That oil pressure switch on the solenoid has nothing to do with being warmed up. Its to ensure the head has proper oil pressure before engaging vtec. ITs to protect your motor, if your low on oil it wont come on

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Aug 17 2005, 06:50 PM
That oil pressure switch on the solenoid has nothing to do with being warmed up. Its to ensure the head has proper oil pressure before engaging vtec. ITs to protect your motor, if your low on oil it wont come on
[post=541211]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the explanation. :thumbsup:
The only question remains, - why did they give up installing the VTEC oil pressure switch on the newer model (5th gen. Prelude)?

Back