swap SOHC to DOHC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zacatecas

I have a 93 accord SOHC over 200,000 miles on it and im looking for an engine swap before i start having too much trouble on it. what kind of engine should i look into? i have done some research and the one i have found and liked is a F22B DOHC NON V-TEC. Would the headers and cold air intake from my existing engine fit on the engine i want to get.The engine that i want to get comes with "Complete Motor, Complete Head, Intake Manifold, Distributor, Power Steering, Exhaust Manifold, Alternator, Throttle Body, Fuel Rail, Injectors". Any replies would be very helpful.THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Last edited:
thats not going to be one of the easiest swaps for you buddy doesnt look like you have done very much research. So do a little bit of research and then come back. I'm pretty sure your obd0 and those are obd2,

ok, you have a 93 accord i bielive i read it is OBD1 get a H22a DOHC vtec engine, from hmotorsonline, it comes with a fully complete rebuilt engine with tranny, and they bolt right up, stock axles, stock mounts just put your old motors fuel rail on it and your peice that the driver side axle goes in, bolt that up to, stock wiring harness just extend wires and add the knock sensor and vtec wires, its going to be the easiest swap you can find most likely......the headers will not fit but the cold air intake will (o yea and also the braket on the throttle body where the throttle cable comes around and opens the throttle body, you will have to put your accord one on it, because the size different actually keeps the throttle open)

I have a 93 accord SOHC over 200,000 miles on it and im looking for an engine swap before i start having too much trouble on it.

um my 91 accord has 286000 and it starts no prob and runs like a champ, just changed my oil religiously w/ lucas. other than that i put gas in it and go. shouldn't have problems if you take care of it, its a honda it'll run forever. my 93 has only 187000. but we'll see how far she goes compared to the 91':D

yea my 91 accord before i took the motor out was running flawlessly at 376208 and since then i had an h22a in it and the body is at 388208 and she looks damn good for the body...just paint is a little wacked out on the count of process of primer

hey guys new guy on here al the way down in lil ol N.Z. iv got a 98 toneo/accord and its got the f20b ohc but iv just bought the f20b blue top dohc,also have available a f22Z short block assembly and want to mate the blue top head to the f22z block,has n e 1 got info i can use,have the dohc ecu,wiring harness and drive shafts+hubs+cvs. no one seems to be sure of n e thing

hey guys new guy on here al the way down in lil ol N.Z. iv got a 98 toneo/accord and its got the f20b ohc but iv just bought the f20b blue top dohc,also have available a f22Z short block assembly and want to mate the blue top head to the f22z block,has n e 1 got info i can use,have the dohc ecu,wiring harness and drive shafts+hubs+cvs. no one seems to be sure of n e thing

Start your own thread please...

Back