Thinking of Relocating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jersey...

I can't tolerate driving through it. It just smells so f'ing bad up north. south isn't that bad though.

can't pump your own gas. wtf?

nickname is armpit of America?

taxes are redic...

Jersey...

I can't tolerate driving through it. It just smells so f'ing bad up north. south isn't that bad though.

can't pump your own gas. wtf?

nickname is armpit of America?

taxes are redic...

This isn't a jerseyite blindly defending NJ but I will say this...

People that drive through NJ and think it smells, have only been to one very small area of NJ. The NJ Turnpike/Rt 95 (which is how most travelers know NJ) was literally built overtop of a swamp. Makes sense that it smells then, huh? Since most people aren't educated, they don't realize that NJ is one the biggest producers of cranberries. There are definitely certain areas that are like Florida and the Carolina where there's bogs/marshlands/swamps. We used to go mucking around in the woods/swamps by my house when I was a kid. Run the quads through them.

MetLife Stadium/Giants Stadium is built on that same wetlands/marshlands. Hoffa is probably here. My grandfather grew up there when many of the current structures weren't there and was able to confirm that yes, that is one of the areas the mob used to dump bodies.

Taxes are bad. Nice places usually are that way. Connecticut is bad too. New Hampshire. I think most places that aren't east bumble, have that same cost of living - just like I was telling Slush.

Major issue with NJ is depending on where you're living, you may be living the urban life - which just isn't for some. Personally I like the ability of commuting in and being able to commute back to the quiet suburbs.

Last edited:
The refineries up by Newark don't help the TP smell. I agree, it smell horrific. Drive further south though and you can actually find real, fresh air. Something the Staten Island douches who make that comment know nothing about.

Look, I love NJ. Going anywhere else would be a culture shock no doubt. But I've done NJ for almost 28 years. I'd like to try something else.

come to Fl and be my friend. taco needs more HS peeps closer. I hear AZ is cheaper....way cheaper and people are super nice.

come to Fl and be my friend. taco needs more HS peeps closer. I hear AZ is cheaper....way cheaper and people are super nice.
I live in NJ. People are super nice(r) everywhere.

As far as FL, too far from snowboarding.

That would be amazing. Perfect location in AZ. Perfect set up. Big game? No more buying meat, haha.

Figured I'd update this since I'm having one of those days that I just want to scream "fuck this" and walk out. I'm still in NJ, but not for long. I have my best friend's wedding in May, some other obligations in June, then I'm moving in July or August. Not positive where yet. Most likely, it'll be Park City, Utah. Other areas in contention though are Tahoe, or maybe CO. Pretty much a ski town/area. I had friends wanting to do Australia and SoCal, but I think they're more day dreaming than actually serious about it.

The New England area is the last part of the country I haven't visited, but from what I've heard about it on this board over the last 12 years (wow), it's a craphole. :) The Midwest is a pretty well rounded area... we've got plenty of suburbs outside Chicago where crime is virtually nonexistent, living expenses aren't crazy, decent job opportunities (as good as can be expected), the only nasty part is the winter but it's no worse than NJ winters. Plus, you never worry about hurricanes. :)

10CP

Awesome. I plan on going out with a short term place to life and figure out exactly where I want to be. Might even be in SLC.

I'll be in SLC 3/13-18. The plan is to head up to Park City for some skiing. My brother moved out there a year ago and loves it. You gonna be around Matt? Would be cool to finally meet a HSer in person.

@99sidude I think that is spring break for me. If that's the case then yeah I will be. I won't have my boarding stuff because I'm flying but we should definitely meet up.

Back