Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackJDMdeath

whats up i am having a tough time deciding on what tires to get for the rotas, i have a couple already thought out and i also have a set of steelies with the tires that i put on for winter and plan on keeping them for shitty weather most likely. my ideas are like this:
Falken Azenis
S03's
Parada Spec2

and thats about it, i dont know much about tires. i will be driving quite spiritedly on them and need as much traction as possible for launch, i also wouldnt mind having longevity out of the tires as well, but 9 times out of 10 we dont get everything we want!
ideas and input are quite welcome, if any additional information is needed just ask and i will tell, PS the rotas will be 16s and they are going on a 94 prelude.

look at the brigestones podenza s03's pole positions. Everyone says they stick like glue and they are even good in the rain. The only thing, in 16's they are probally going to be alot more expensive. TireRack.com has them in 15's for real cheap.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 25 2003, 09:52 PM
look at the brigestones podenza s03's pole positions. Everyone says they stick like glue and they are even good in the rain. The only thing, in 16's they are probally going to be alot more expensive. TireRack.com has them in 15's for real cheap.

They're not too bad in the snow or ice either, but that's just me. :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 25 2003, 11:52 PM

How would you know, down there in texas the closest thing you come to snow is maybe the accational frost. B) On my yokahamas (sp?) suck royally in the snow. It snowed 4 inches the other day, i got stuck 6 times in one hour. Only one was my fault (ebraking drift :D )

I am going to be buying a set next week to put on my new rotas. Do you think that wheels and tires will fit in a sol? I think my ride home is going to stink of rubber

Originally posted by asmallsol+Feb 26 2003, 11:11 PM-->
@Feb 25 2003, 11:52 PM

How would you know, down there in texas the closest thing you come to snow is maybe the accational frost. B) On my yokahamas (sp?) suck royally in the snow. It snowed 4 inches the other day, i got stuck 6 times in one hour. Only one was my fault (ebraking drift :D )

I am going to be buying a set next week to put on my new rotas. Do you think that wheels and tires will fit in a sol? I think my ride home is going to stink of rubber

Actually they do get cold weather in Texas. My aunt lives in Ft. Worth which is right at Dallas and they got sleet, or still do, from a few days ago.

i hear azenis are pretty sick for the money, or yoks .

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 26 2003, 10:11 PM

Which Yokohamas?

Oklahoma gets snow and plenty of ice in January... I was driving around Duncan on my S-03s through all the mess, and they gripped pretty well.

vtecsir1- Azenis are great tires, but wet grip is not their strong point- so take that into consideration when you're buying.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 25 2003, 07:52 PM

lol, you seem to have a real issue with 16" tires? they are not that much more expensive, i got my yokohama avs es 100's for 76 a tire, they are wonderful.

im seriously thinking about getting some azenis for my new wheels... im not too worried about weather, that will make it 3 sets of wheels and tires for me lol

I've been doing some tire research since I'll have the cash to buy new ones in 2-3 weeks. The best I've seen for a low budget is the Yokohama Avid V4's, which are $84, treadwear 360, V-rated, A traction and temp. Also the Falken Ziex ZE-512 for $79 a tire, 300 treadwear, V-rated, A traction and temp.

I have falken 45 series, R17 on my civic. I like them alot, but watch out for even the rain. Otherwise they rip it up for the price.

Originally posted by B16+Feb 27 2003, 02:00 AM-->
asmallsol
@Feb 25 2003, 07:52 PM

lol, you seem to have a real issue with 16" tires? they are not that much more expensive, i got my yokohama avs es 100's for 76 a tire, they are wonderful.

No, well kinda but not here. Major reason why i say that is because of this

S03 size 16's
S03 size 15's

TireRack.com just has a kick ass deal on the s03 in 15's that is why i said that.

Also i say 16's on a lude look fine, it is a bigger car so it needs bigger wheels

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Mar 2 2003, 12:05 AM
yea.. that's why i got 195's :)

:p

I liked my 205/50/15 Dunlop SP8000s, so I had to get the S-03s in 205 also. Oh well. More meat! :lol:

Back