To Repo Or Not to Repo...that is the question.

• give her another cha

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 20 2003, 11:59 PM
mistake #1 - trusting a woman
mistake #2 - making a verbal agreement instead of a written, signed one

teh biterness is teh stong in this one...

how do you know when a woman is lying? when she opens her fucking mouth (apologies to the two resident chicks on hondaswap)

oral contracts are indeed hard to enforce.

GET THAT SHIT IN WRITING PEOPLE.

unless you are a business, (and even then..) get your shit in writing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should post a picture of her on here and if she looks good let her keep it for alittle while longer unless you've been there done that and want no more of it

she should be alot closer to where she should be payment-wise after 3.5 months. i say offer her her money back and take the car. come on, you can survive without that $140 right? i wouldnt let $140 get in the way of a smooth transaction. $140 wont even buy a set of 14" tires. but if you really cant give it up, repo that beeotch.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 21 2003, 05:55 AM
I think you should post a picture of her on here and if she looks good let her keep it for alittle while longer unless you've been there done that and want no more of it

:werd:

She's fuckin hot...and married. :p

The reason I say give her another chance is that she's married to a good friend of B's. But he should put his foot down with her and say give me some money or the car is gone. I did happen to notice B, that there were new rims on the car...where'd she get the money for them?!?!?

fae00813.jpg

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Oct 20 2003, 07:43 PM
tell the police you're repoing it so if she reports it stolen, they will already know.. and then sell it somewhere else.

:withstupid: :werd:

man let me use your car for 3 months i will give you 200 dollars just playing fu#k that bitch take the car if she doesn't have 800 she does not need a car take it form her and honk the horn as you leave to piss her of she piss you of didn't she :lol: :) :) :)

If you borrowed money to buy your car, and you have fallen behind on your payments, the bank or finance company that loaned you the money may want to repossess your car. This pamphlet will tell you why and how they can do that, and what happens next. It will also tell you what you can do to keep a repo from happening.

Why can the bank take my car?

When you borrowed the money to buy the car, the bank asked you to sign an

A "Security Agreement" makes it legal for the bank to take your car if you fall behind on the payments.

agreement called a note. A note is a legally enforceable agreement which sets out what the bank expects of you, and what the bank will do for you. The note will tell you the amount of money the bank is going to loan you, what your payments are and how many of them you have to pay. It also contains a section called a security agreement. The security agreement says that you are giving the bank the right to repo your car if you fall

behind on your payments. The bank wants you to give it this right so it can be sure it will be paid back. If you fall behind, the bank can come and take your car and sell it

to get back the money it loaned you. The security agreement is why the bank can repo your car and not commit a crime. If there is no security agreement and the bank takes your car, they are committing an offense called conversion.

When can the bank take my car?

The bank can take your car only if you signed a valid security agreement and if you are in default.

Before the bank can repo your car, there must be a security agreement which you have signed. Also, you must be in default on your loan. Default means that you are too far behind in your payments. Normally, the note tells you when you will be in default. Some notes say you are in default if your payment is thirty days late, some say sooner, some later. New Hampshire state law says you cannot be in default unless your payment is ten or more days late. If the note says you are in default if your payment is less than ten days late, that part of the note is not enforceable.

The bank can take your car only if you signed a valid security agreement and if you are in default.

If you do default on your loan, most responsible banks and other lenders will tell you and ask you if you can get your payments caught up. If you cannot catch up, most responsible lenders will ask you to voluntarily give up the car. If you do not give the car up, the bank will try to take it from you.

How can the bank take my car?

The bank can take your car almost any way it wants to so long as it does not breach the peace. A breach of the peace happens whenever violent force is used or is provoked. For instance, if your car is locked in a garage and the repo company breaks into the garage to get the car, they have breached the peace. If you confront the repo company and tell them to leave your car alone, they must do so or they risk a breach of the peace. This is why cars are frequently repoed at night - if the owner is sleeping there will be little chance of a breach of the peace.

The repo company may not breach the peace when it takes your car

If you are there when the repo takes place, the repo company is supposed to let you remove your personal belongings from the car. This includes anything you have in the car, but usually does not include accessories you have installed in the car.

Also, the repo must take place without any assistance by the

police. If the repo company has a police officer with it during the repo, this is a violation of your Constitutional rights. However, the repo company or the bank should inform the police after the repo has taken place.

What happens after the repo?

When the bank sells your car, it must do so in a commercially reasonable manner

After the bank takes your car back, it will hold onto the car for a short while. If you have not been able to remove your personal belongings yet, the bank must allow you to do so immediately. Then the bank will sell the car in hopes of getting its money back. The bank may sell the car any way it wants so long as the sale is commercially reasonable. That means the bank must sell the car for a reasonable amount of money and in a reasonable manner. Most sales of repoed cars take place at an auction. As long as the auction is well attended and well advertised, auction sales are generally considered to be commercially reasonable. However, if the car is sold at a price which is dramatically lower than the retail value, that sale may not be commercially reasonable.

Calculating a Deficiency:

What you owe $5000.00

Bank's repo costs +500.00

Total debt $5500.00

Total debt $5500.00

less Sale price -3500.00

Deficiency $2000.00

Before the bank can sell the car, it should tell you where and when the sale will take place. This is so that if you want to attend and bid on your car, or if you just want to see how the sale goes, you can do so.

After the car is sold, the bank should write to you and tell you how much you owe on the car (the debt), how much the bank spent to sell the car (the bank s costs), and how much the car sold for (return). The bank has the right to add the costs to the debt. If the debt plus the costs is more than the car sold for, the difference is called a deficiency. For instance, if you owed $5000 on the car and it cost the bank $500 to repo and sell the car, the total debt is $5500. If at auction it sold for only $3500, the deficiency is $2000 ($5500 - $3500). The bank is legally allowed to charge you for the deficiency.

On the other hand, if the car sells for more than the debt plus the costs, that results in a surplus. The bank then owes you the surplus. For instance, if we use the same car above with the debt of $5000 and costs of $500, but it sells for $7000, then there is a surplus of $1500, which the bank owes you.

Calculating a Surplus:

What you owe $5000.00

Bank's repo costs +500.00

source: http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:j5fvM...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 21 2003, 07:52 AM-->
@Oct 21 2003, 05:55 AM

The reason I say give her another chance is that she's married to a good friend of B's. But he should put his foot down with her and say give me some money or the car is gone. I did happen to notice B, that there were new rims on the car...where'd she get the money for them?!?!?

Yall are thinking with your d*cks and not your brains. This is money your talking about. If you don't really give a damn about the car/money, than let her keep screwing you over. And she appears to be avoiding him so I don't think he's getting any play from allowing her to keep the car. I say get that shit back, legally. Otherwise quit your bitchin'. :p

a verbal "contract" has just as much power as a written one. its just harder to prove. you COULD get her for breach of contract, or something like that. cuz she isnt paying the 100 dollars a week she agreed to paying you. tell her you will take her to small claims court or something.

i dont know about your state, but most, require a certified or registered letter being sent out and giving atleast 10 days to come up with the balance, if after those 10 days she does not come up with the money you have the right to take it to small claims court, at which they will decide on what to do with your car, most likely have it repo'd from her and given back to you, but one thing you can try it to take an officer with you and ask for the car back, most likely she wont know the law and will give the keys up. i have this happening to me over my civic i sold
joe

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97+Oct 21 2003, 04:18 PM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 21 2003, 07:52 AM
jeffie7
@Oct 21 2003, 05:55 AM

Yall are thinking with your d*cks and not your brains. This is money your talking about. If you don't really give a damn about the car/money, than let her keep screwing you over. And she appears to be avoiding him so I don't think he's getting any play from allowing her to keep the car. I say get that shit back, legally. Otherwise quit your bitchin'. :p

I don't think he's thinking with his dick. As far as I know the girl that B sold the car to is a good friend of his, and so is her husband. My thinking is that B doesn't wanna fuck up that friendship, which is why he came on here to ask advice on what he should do.

I know he won't want to take them to small claims court because like me, he has very little time and no money to spend on court fees and shit.

Like I said B, give her another chance, but be stern. 1 more late payment and the car is gone, including the rims she put on it.

yeah i dont have the time nor the money to take her to court and i dont wanna fuck up the friendship. i just either want the money or the car back and that is all i really want. and as far as those rims on the car, they are pieces of shit.

a little update that i shoulda done....i talked to the girl and she is "supposedly" bringing me some money Friday evening. if she dont...im getting the car back. fuck it..ive had enough

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 23 2003, 02:01 AM
is she single? why dont you work out a different "payment" arrangement?

She's married, but that would fuckin rule. Yes it would.

*is thinking with his dick too*

Back