tranny problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

alright heres the deal. i went to pick up a friend yesterday and i redlined in 1st kinda bad(didnt mean to trafic was really gay) then i start having problems with reverst. then worked its way to 1st gear and now it doesnt wanta go in gear at all. i mean i can get to go in gear but its really hard and i dont really wanta try and froce it any more than the few times that i did so i could get home. i think it might be my clutch but im not sure. any help would be nice.

depends do you have pressure in your clutch pedal? if not could either be your fluid OR your master cylinder thats is going out OR even your slave cylinder...check fluid if that is low then check the slave and see if that is leaking

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jul 1 2005, 08:09 PM
depends do you have pressure in your clutch pedal? if not could either be your fluid OR your master cylinder thats is going out OR even your slave cylinder...check fluid if that is low then check the slave and see if that is leaking
[post=519450]Quoted post[/post]​

ummm, heprobily doesnt have a cluth master or slave cyl. he probily has a cable. he probily has a crx going by his screen name. plus he posted in the ed-ef section, in which usually everyone that posts in this section has a cable tranny.

thanks for playing

anyways my crx did the same thing it turned out to be the clutch. if you do indead have a crx adjust the clutch cable and see if thats any better if so then it means you clutch is going out and needs to be replaced.

oh my bad i forgot to tell yall that it is a crx si with a b16 and yes it cable...and thanks for the all yalls help

Same thing happened to me, after a spirited run down the interstate in my '97 integra, it started having problems getting into gear. It would only shift at around 1200 rpm if at all.

After replacing the master and slave cylinders (to no avail, but they were bad worn anyway) I pulled the transmission out. To my surprise, I found that the Clutch disk had malfunctioned and puked up two of its four springs. They had broken out of the keepers in the clutch disk and were rubbing against the flywheel and causing all kinds of hell. Scratched up my flywheel pretty bad.

But... it machined out clean, and gave me the chance to install an exedy stage 1 : ) I couldn't be happier. New hydrolics, new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, fresh flywheel, Gawd, that thing shifts buttery smooth now : )

that was a hell of a long story. Check your clutch cable, clutch adjustment/freeplay. If its all in spec, its time to yank the 'ol tranny and put in some go-fast parts : )

Good luck!

Back