Turbo questions!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbog2

I just got a 1990 integra turbo and the car did not come with a boost controller. I took it out today and was only hitting 8psi when I wanna be hitting about 15psi. I have a delta wastegate and greddy type r bov. I wanna know if i have to do anything to the bov when I up the boost. The Bov has the hard--soft setting on it. Also, if i wanna turn up the boost but dont have a controller what do I do to the wastegate. I am a newbie so i will probably be asking lots of questions. thanx

before you do anytyhing, get rid of that deltagate piece of shit. it's the #1 cause of blow motors. replace with a tial 35mm.

for the BOV, you need to tune it- based on how high you are boosting... its hard to explain over the net-- its based on the release sound. you want a good pshhh sound, not too weak- not all crazy either...

w/o a boost controlerr, the boost setting will be at the wastegate set spring. to up it or down it, you need to change the spring to a different setting.
to up it, you need a boost controller. you CANNOT go lower than the spring setting, even with a boost controller.

and after all is said and done- are you SURE your motor can handel 15 psi? what turbo is it? how is the motor built? fuel management?

Please make any suggestions you would about this setup. I will be getting rid of the deltagate. I also think im gonna get a big ass fuel pump and a fuel cell.

1997 LS BLOCK AND HEAD. MOROSO OIL PAN, KNIFE EDGED AND MICRO POLISHED CRANK, CROWER RODS, JE PISTONS & RINGS, CUSTOM SLEEVED AND PINNED BLOCK, PORTED HEAD, 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB, ALL TITANIUM VALVE TRAIN, CUSTOM SPEC WEB CAMS, Z SPEED CAM GEARS, CHROME VALVE COVER. PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, T/B. 550 CC R/C INJECTORS, CUSTOM FUEL RAIL, SDS FUEL SYSTEM, 6BTM MSD WITH TIMMING COMPUTER, BLASTER COIL, MSD WIRES 10MM, IRIDUIM PLUGS (IK28'S), COPPER HEAD GASKET, FLUIDYDE RADIATOR.

TURBO SYSTEM: T04 TURBONETICS (NON BALL BEARING) P TRIM WHEEL, 2.5 INCH INTERCOOLER PIPING, SPEARCO DUAL CORE FRONT MOUNT INTERSOOLER, DELTA WASTEGATE, , CUSTOM EQUAL LENGHT HEADER, TYPE R B.O.V

damn son, sounds to me lik u could handle 15 psi without much of a problem, i got a question for ya tho, i hav a 90 teg and i am looking to turbocharge it with the kit that is in blue print below....i wanted to kno what kind of power ur makin, and if u hav takin it to the track yet, if so what r ur et's?

I dont have any recent times or dyno #'s yet. Hopefully I will be getting it dynoed soon. The car has run a 12.0 @121 on 13psi. Once i get more fuel I will up the boost. The car is pretty much stripped except it still has the stock dash in it and the carpet is still in it.

Back