Vibrating in stearing wheel??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spackman

I am geting a lot of vibrating in my stearing wheel? Is that my axle or cv boot blown??

well my car has no vibration even up to 135mph.

does it increase as you go faster, normally starting around 65 or so? If so, then your wheels need to be ballanced. You could have a buldge in your tire which will throw off the ballance.

Its either your rims have a slight bend in them or you need to get your rims balanced. I rarely see bulges in tires causing vibration but its possible. And no your wheel doesn't vibrate because its a honda, lol.

Originally posted by MXDesa@Mar 29 2004, 09:32 PM
Its either your rims have a slight bend in them or you need to get your rims balanced. I rarely see bulges in tires causing vibration but its possible. And no your wheel doesn't vibrate because its a honda, lol.

actually, I had a minor bulge in my all seasons, and it made the car vibrate at about 75 and it was only a small bulge. When I fucked over 2 other tires and made them have HUGE bulges, they really made the thing vibrate. Try putting your front tires on the back. If that helps, defently get your wheels balanced. It is pretty cheap.

:p

its always vibrated, its not anything big though. yes, i have had my wheels and tires balance, I have also had them checked for deformaties but there is nothing wrong there. It is possible I have some instabilities in the motor somewhere. the vibration is only really seen when you release the steering wheel. (drive with no hands :D)

I also notice it during higher rpms so i think that mainly causes it.

A vibration in the steering wheel will be caused by something out of balanced, or a damaged part. make sure that the suspension and steering isn't damaged in any way, then if there is nothing wrong there, then it is a huge possiblity that the tires are damaged and need to be replaced. now, if you have a bulge in the tire, that isn't a good thing, putting them in the back may get rid of the vibration in the wheel, but there will still be a vibration, and balancing them wont fix the problem. a bulge is a sign of a damaged tire, and will eventually blow out. also, keep in mind that when your vehicle travels at a high speed, and your struts/shocks are bad, you may get a vibration due to the tires bouncing too much back and forth. I suggest taking it in and getting the front end checked out by professionals, even the tires too. if everything looks good, then check your alignment. if all that is good, then you are left to the axles. to isolate the problem from the engine, put it in neutral at the high speed, and let the engine rpm drop. if it was the engine, speed of the vehicle wouldn't be a factor, it would be the rpm, and be able to be felt at all speeds, depending on the rpm.

What year is your car??? I had the same problem. Check the wheel bearings. Changed mine and problem was solved.

Originally posted by spackman@Mar 29 2004, 04:26 PM
I am geting a lot of vibrating in my stearing wheel?

WELCOME to the club,Ive been getting wich seems like a massage from my car,specially after I hit about 45mph to 55mph,my car starts to VIBRATE and pull to my right,I guess its because my axle is making noise wich I know the bearings are out.

I RECOMMEND : Wheel Balance,Rotor Resurface w/new brake pads,Aligment and a
Energy Suspension Bushing for the entir front,well that what im going to do.

Wheel Bearing...Bad ball joint(s)...Bad control arm(s)...Bad Tie Rod End(s)

If it intensifies while braking...check your rotors...they may be warped.

Those are my suggestions beyond what others said...

Jason B)

I was goin to change the tires took off driverside wheel and noticed that my cv joint boot is busted hehehe I hope that is the only problem and not my axel ewwww....

its not the bulges in the tires that causes the vibrations... its whateverthefuck you hit in the first place to cause the bulge that also fucked your tires...

Back