VW R GT concepts..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
i'm not only a Honda fan.. i love my VWs too..
R GT Jetta
jettargt05_04.jpg

specs: http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/jetta_r_gt.asp

R GT Passat
passatrgt05_03.jpg

specs: http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/passat_r_gt.asp

theres a Toureg version also...

both automatics

the Passat has dual iPods

It does look better then the Corolla, I'll give it that. BUT, they still stole a lot of the design from it.

I don't see it as "cheaped down styling" - whatever that is - I see it as a large company repeating a successful design.

I like the styling, so I don't care WHAT it's on.

Quoted post[/post]]
i never said i didnt like it

i think it looks pretty cool

still looks heavy though lol

Germans make a sturdy car, too bad they're normally boats. :cry:

The gray one looks much much better than the mix and match white and cheapo black plastic look.

If VW hits the state with this new lineup of Turbo + AWD cars that are nimble and hopefully not fat pigs, then they should be taking things by storm. I just want to make sure that the engines and electrically systems are tested and proven before I make any claims.

I've always hailed my friends '02 1.8T Jetta. Drives like a $40,000 car and its half the price but unfortunately its not always so reliable. I would have bought a jetta if they made them in 4motion and it had all the recalls and warranty work done.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

The gray one looks much much better than the mix and match white and cheapo black plastic look.

If VW hits the state with this new lineup of Turbo + AWD cars that are nimble and hopefully not fat pigs, then they should be taking things by storm. I just want to make sure that the engines and electrically systems are tested and proven before I make any claims.

I've always hailed my friends '02 1.8T Jetta. Drives like a $40,000 car and its half the price but unfortunately its not always so reliable. I would have bought a jetta if they made them in 4motion and it had all the recalls and warranty work done.

Problem is those cars are gonna be about 40-50k (probably even more...just thinking supra price point)...they might take the world by storm, but its been my experience that when americans have 40-50 to blow that dont buy a S60 T5 or an Evo MR (both under that range i know), they usually buy Escalades, Hummers and Navigators. I know its stupid, but considering i probably call 1,000 potential customers a week (actually 1,200, but i call for exotic dealers too, so i just excluded those) and of those 1,000 i hear people asking about sports cars MAYBE once a day. and by sports cars, the SRT-4 is included. No one seems to want a S2000, an Evo, a STi, a S60 R, or any of the other super fun cars on the market. They either want dodge neons, 'lades, or big trucks (as is the case for most of the people in texas). So i SERIOUSLY doubt it will take the US by storm...just gonna be a light drizzle that is praised on motor week. I think they will be about as common as STis. Not so rare you wet yourself, but it will make you look when you see it go by.

I'd just take the HPA Golf R32. Smaller, and faster - and probably less money.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

the reason jettas have so many recalls and are just not that reliable, is that all jettas, and Golfs are made in Mexico, its put together like crap, so you get a crap car, but i'm sure VW would make the r-gt's in Germany and then ship it like the passat.

Back