WEED

is smokig weed on a daily basis as bad as alcohol?

• no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its not bad but if you need it then, yes&#

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't have a reason to smoke. I smoke because its just a nice feeling and makes my work feel a lot quicker

You have to actually want to be high to take advantage of it.

The legal issue is bullshit, I can understand if someone is "under the influence" while driving or doing something completely stupid to be bothered. But normal people just smoking it shouldn't be penalized. I say this because I got arrested one night because we were in this girls apartment smoking and police kinda raided the shit. We weren't being loud or obnoxious or even seeing/talking to ANYONE besides the people in the apartment.

It will eventually become legal, the government hasn't figured out that if they make it legal 75% of people in jail would have never been arrested. And for some reason they cant seem to figure out all the extra money they'll make by taxing the shit out of it.

i voted yes. why dont you use that weed money for something more practical like going towards your car instead of up in smoke (literally)?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Mar 19 2005, 02:24 PM
weed is not bad, I smoke maybe an 1/8 a week, few bowls a day to kill the time at work. Then just cause I'm bored.

I steered away from smoking when I'm gonna work on my car. I've broken way too many things .

Oh, that reminds me...time to smoke some weed.
[post=475735]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright everyone justifies whethers it good or bad by whether or not they smoke it?!?

I'll tell you one thing, it isn't fucking good for you.

I'm not going to say I don't smoke or haven't smoked, but I don't make it my life because its not good for you.

Its attributed to lung cancer, memory loss, muscle loss, increased tissue storeage, etc.

So to answer the question, no its not good for you. Water is good for you. Chicken is good for you. Weed isn't.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Mar 19 2005, 02:54 PM
ive found that it doesnt take anymore or less to get me high than it used to
[post=475743]Quoted post[/post]​

For the most part, if you smoke a good amount you'll get high but its just not going to be the same quality high eventually, and eventually its going to take a lot more.

I have a friend that wakes up and hits the bong 'just for maintenance'. He's from my work and I don't think that I've ever seen him not high. His philosophy through high school was, if I show up high on the first day and I'm high for every day of the rest of the year no one will ever know the difference...and thats what he did.

LMAO, That was kind like mine. If I didn't go to school the first week and showed up 4 days a week just to skip the day anyway, they would never know I was there....It didn't work but after like 2-3 months, they stopped bothering me and actually let me leave whenever I want and go to whatever classes I felt like.

I'm not saying weed is "good" for me, I know it's not going to lengthen my life but it sure as hell enhances the shit. It just makes some things so much more interesting and I actually find something constructive to do. Like when I'm at work, I'll actually do shit when I'm high. When I'm sober I sit there and play solitare and only work when I have too.

From my experience in my small ass town, I see this big correlation. I'm not saying this is how it is anywhere, but this is how it is where I live, and that is why I'm not pro-use.

From Blanco's statement above, That's what ever single non-permafried stoner friend of mine says to me. How many of them are successful? Not a single one. Everysingle stoner friend of mine, I mean every single one, will never leave my town unless military. Why? Because it inhibits the drive to do anything. Hell 1/2 of them don't have jobs, they just slang it back and forth. It isn't a byproduct of lifestyle here, it is the lifestyle.

I also see it as cop out of daily life. I know many "stoners" that don't like their life, so really wanna get high as much as they can. They use it to lose the reality they're in, and to me that is just a pussy way of handling their life that they had the ability to change at one time.

I'm tired of seeing this, and I do not condone it. Oh yes, I've never used, and never will.

The best bet is to get rid of the fucked up lifestyle and or people that make you want to chemically alter your brain. BTW this is coming from some one that spent 15 years trying to drink the world dry as well as using almost every substance on the planet.

My 2 cents.

When I lived in PA. EVERYONE I knew had smoked, smokes or is going to end up smoking it at some point in there life. I've smoked with my old high school classmates to smoking with their parents. I've even smoked with teachers. It really is just the lifestyle up there. There isn't shit to do up there so people smoke weed, blow coke and have babies. There isn't much work up there either, so people just smoke because they don't have anywhere to actually be either...Gives them even more of a reason to smoke.

A few people I know smoke to deal with their life everyday. One girl I know works at an Adult Bar and spends 90% of her money on weed to smoke from the time she wakes up till the time she goes to sleep. She is a VERY depressed person.

Smoking to me, is just like drinking. I don't think that someone that gets drunk every night is "qualified". I think it should be legal, to enjoy on a part time basis. Like drinking, smoking a bowl to relax should be fine. It's like having a beer. However, my brother and sister both smoke very regularly, and I've seen pounds of weed change hands. Sitting around all day smoking weed because you don't have a job is silly.

There are two sides to this fence. Habitual heavy daily use is bad. How many people say "I could quit whenever I want"? My brother has, repeatedly over the last 20 years of smoking. He could quit at any time. He just won't.

Blanco, you are correct. There is a stigma, and it comes from the legality issue, and the stereotypes. Uncle Sam calls weed a gateway drug. It could be, dunno. I've smoked and it's not my thing. One thing we can all agree on is that weed is not a stimulant, and it relaxes people. That's fine at the end of the day, in small amounts. But when you smoke all day, and don't feel ambitious, and you're spending $$$$$ on getting high, then it becomes a problem. There are better ways to spend your time and money.

i have an interesting little picture of last night...We got real fucked up...I dunno if I should post it though, could be incriminating or something.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Mar 20 2005, 06:01 PM
changed my mind.....you can look in my gallery if you want.
[post=476187]Quoted post[/post]​

and you have a pm about that.

remove that shit, or you're gallery use will be toast tomorrow.

I don't think I need to have lived a "hard life" to be able to pass judgemnt on another, at least in regards to substance abuse. Its not that im insensitive, but it becomes a crutch, and whether or not a crutch is a bad thing is really a matter of opinion, but i tend to see it as ultimately preventing people from self actualizing. For instance a friend of mine used pot/shrooms as a means to expand consciousnes, after a time though he came to realize that while indeed it did expand consciousness, there are ill effects to doing so "improperly" and now works towards the same goal through meditative practices.

Ill clarift my position. If people want to smoke pot, thats great. It is a persons perogative to chain themselves to whatever vice they want to, at least until the rest of society has to suffer as a result of their problems. Responsable drug use in theory is fine by me (though beyond alcohol is not for me), but however you may feel about it, pot use is currently illegal in the United States and until that changes you are putting yourself at risk of being labeled as a criminal. Right wrong or indifferent that is simply the way things have worked out, and being that these rules apply to everyone using marijauna, to smoke it is to accept the possibility that you may be brought up on criminal charges. Again not worth it to me, but that ultimately becomes a choice that we all have to make

I smoke weed almost every day after work. I’ll take a hit or two and instantly be relaxed from a stressful day. and who says potheads aren’t successful? I graduated college with a bachelor’s degree in computer science and now have a job as a software engineer III making great money. I’m able to fully function within my family, work and the community. It doesn't interfere with my life or my goals, so I don’t have a problem with it. :)

well since i started this poll ive smoked a 1/4 and its great.....when my boss comes in to the office we'll go smoke some hydro....mmmmm hydro...i love my job!!!!

lol, i smoke at work all the time, but not with my boss.

When I worked at micky d's I smoked with a few of my bosses and all the "crew".

Back