What do you do when life sucks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I agree with the temp job idea.

I started here 4.5 years ago as a temp in the mailroom, then moved to the receptionist, then got hired on. Then moved to Real Estate Admin, and taking on more responsibility and getting ready to move up again. All from a mailroom job a friend of my Mom suggested to me.

haha good shit

how bout some quiet time, put a flick on, break out the baby oil and beat it like it stole sumfin.

well thats a given

every day i masturbate like its my last day on earth.... because... well.... ya never know

I actually haven't had a way to vent in awhile either. Due to recent hospitalization I can't drink. Everyone I know for "smoke" is dry. I'm taking 5 classes. Working 30+ hours a week. Leadership positions have me at a million meetings. Rugby practice helps a little. My heavy bag is at home and currently not in the ceiling (due to the ex gf over the summer). And as far as sex I'm actually talking to 2 quality girls who won't fuck me after the first night. My only venting is here and to friends. Eh, at least I have money. Just literally no time to spend it.

I actually haven't had a way to vent in awhile either. Due to recent hospitalization I can't drink. Everyone I know for "smoke" is dry. I'm taking 5 classes. Working 30+ hours a week. Leadership positions have me at a million meetings. Rugby practice helps a little. My heavy bag is at home and currently not in the ceiling (due to the ex gf over the summer). And as far as sex I'm actually talking to 2 quality girls who won't fuck me after the first night. My only venting is here and to friends. Eh, at least I have money. Just literally no time to spend it.

You can't find smoke?

If you were willing to drive, I'm sure I can ask someone here or back home if they know anyone.

sounds like you need some tissue time for some hand to gland action

prescription:
3x per day for the next 7 days

if you dont feel better about life and the world in general continue for another week
if you still dont feel better then off yourself

the world would be a peaceful place if people would just beat off more instead of walking around with all this pent up anger and frustration

You can't find smoke?

If you were willing to drive, I'm sure I can ask someone here or back home if they know anyone.

shit pay pal me and I'll fedex you some shit. I don't smoke, yet I probably smell/see chronic more often than I probably crap. Up here at western, everyone's a fucking stoner, and really everyone sells/buys/grows/runs/smokes, and I mean teachers included.

You can't find smoke?

Once, in the plains of Colorado, I decided to TRY to cover the distance between the Sangre Di Christo mountains and the Rockies, in a little departure of the two.

It was mind boggling open, between those two ranges. And the reeds occasionally hid Elk and deer, who would poke their antlers up and run off when I got too close.

I was literally MILES away from any feature, walking in neck-deep reeds and grasses.

And then I actually crossed paths with another dude ! He was back packing the OTHER direction, doing the same thing. So here I was, for all practical purposes, in a desert and I meet a guy , and the first thing

Well, second thing...

"You wanna smoke?"

How can you NOT find someone to smoke you up ?

Once, in the plains of Colorado, I decided to TRY to cover the distance between the Sangre Di Christo mountains and the Rockies, in a little departure of the two.

It was mind boggling open, between those two ranges. And the reeds occasionally hid Elk and deer, who would poke their antlers up and run off when I got too close.

I was literally MILES away from any feature, walking in neck-deep reeds and grasses.

And then I actually crossed paths with another dude ! He was back packing the OTHER direction, doing the same thing. So here I was, for all practical purposes, in a desert and I meet a guy , and the first thing

Well, second thing...

"You wanna smoke?"

How can you NOT find someone to smoke you up ?

Sounds like something from a book, But definitely true. The farther you get from civilization the easier it is to find ganja.

My grandpa tells me stories about working in camps in the arctic during the pipeline boom and smoking pot all day long.

word is life.

I neither condone nor disapprove of smoking, but I certainly know handfuls of people who will be more than willing to either sell you stuff or tell you where you can find it.

If you lived in the bay area and were a software engineer, you'd get a job in a second. We're having a hell of a time finding people for our open positions. :(

If you lived in the bay area and were a software engineer, you'd get a job in a second. We're having a hell of a time finding people for our open positions. :(
i wanted to go into IT when i went into the air force, but i got fucked on that one. so I got a business degree now. I wish it didn't take so long to go back and get into IT. I'm working on getting back into my masters degree.

Granted I am 4 years younger than you but I was in the same situation once. All I did was play Halo and eat pizza. I could buy a Little Caesars pizza for 5 bucks and be set all day. End result... I gained almost 30 pounds in 2 months. I applied and interviewed on my off time from Halo and finally got a job. I had to resort to my parents for money for 1 month. It sucks... but it has been the only time ever I have had to borrow money.

Now the outcome of that was not good... but I read alot on Hondaswap :) If you want a quick job with decent benefits... try Comcast. I have been there for almost 2 years, and I have worked my way into the IT support department. Now I work 11-8pm Monday-Friday and I make mid to upper 50's entry level. They will pay for 7500 of my college education outside of University of Maryland (Free) and it is a great place to work. I am hardly a recruiter, but Comcast is here to stay. Now I am not sure where you are at but your options are endless

jobs.jpg

My advice for the night.. Hook up your ipod, listen to some chill music, and just write what you want in life. Then make a gameplan on how to get it. Now dont start big like a new house, car and hookers, but work small. Possible, clean my house, dry clean suits, apply for jobs, donate money to youknowwhoibee's paypal. Start from there and work your way up.

what do i do? I mean, since that was the question..

I get high. Well not like i dont daily, but seriously. You dont need to get high, just take it all in, accept it, and think about whatyou can do to relieve the situation. Dont just think about what you can do to make 50k, also think about the immediate. Get a job that pays mehh okay, but atleast pays bills. Just sit back, relax, dont stress, take some time and think about all the possiblities you have. I bet you have more than you know.

Either do that, or just get high and leave it at that. :)

But seriously nick, you seem like a fairly intelligent guy who knows a thing or two about financing, as well as othe rthings, just dont let something like this get you down. Youll find a way to pick yourself back up. DOnt gloom about what happpened or what coulda been, its over... time to move on and make up for it. Nothing you can do about the past, might as well get high and get on to something else/better/different/anything

[towelie] I am so high right now. I have no idea whats goin on. [towelie]

Thanks Sean. It's good to hear normal words of encouragement. I need to pick my head up and start from scratch.

You know, I had the same thing happen to me very recently. Well, kinda.. I was in the bail bonds business, making ok money, but I was the boss. It was an incredibly high stress job, working for a woman who was self insured, tossing around $100k at a time, hoping I got a return on it.. And she is frickin bi-polar or something, loving and sweet one day, convinced that I was sabatoging her business the next, then sweet again...

After years of putting up with it, I decided I'd had enough, and I quit. I have a wife and two kiddos to support, but I knew there was something better out there.

So, I quit. Took a couple of days off, fixed a crapload of stuff around the house that I'd been meaning to tackle for years.. Hell, I worked harder than I did when I had a job. I also played some playstation, and spent alot of time pondering life.

After checking out a few jobs, and going to a few interviews, and turning down a couple of jobs because I felt that it would just be another colossal waste of time, I finally figured it out.

I want to be a pilot. Crazy ass idea, far fetched, "what the hell am I thinking" kind of idea.. But I started looking into it, I got a goal, wrote it down on paper, and made a plan to get there. Start at the top of the page, write your goal. On the bottom of the page, write "Me right now". Then fill in the middle with all the steps you need to get to your goal.

Me? I've enrolled in flight school and have been taking flying lessons at the local airport. I'm delivering pizza for domino's at night, studying during the day, using my paychecks to help with the bills and using my tips for aircraft rental and Flight Instructor fees. And in three years, I'll have a frickin commercial pilot's license. Paid for, full training, no debt. And a solid goal to work toward.

Had I not written all of this down and figured out how to get to my goal, it would never have happened.

I have my own "lemons" quote. "When life hands you lemons, shove 'em up life's ass." You have to take control and do what you need to do. Nothing moves unless its shoved.

I feel motivated to do something real with life now. Except I'm still in highschool :p

Back