What, no 4th of july thread??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
well, happy birthday america.

i'm enjoying my 2 days off, having a nice 4-day weekend. got a lot done around the condo.
Got my office 3/4 set up, have a new bed coming tomorrow (tempupedic baby ) in queen size and i picked up some 400 TPI sheets. so bad ass.

started to remodel my room a little bit to make way for the bed and such, cleaned up where the old bed was, tore apart the frame so its all ready to go (crashing on the couch tonight :D )

tomorrow is to get the bed stuff together, finish hanging the new mirror i got to act as a head board kinda thing (got the wrong thickness miror clips... need a size thicker.) and i need to hook up my computer in the office (im on my tuning laptop right now... lol )

got my VPN router hooked up for work, and my house is fully wireless even running through the VPN router that isn't wireless.
in case anyone else is wondering how to do such a thing, configure the wired router first, then connect the wiress router from a LAN port on the VPN router, to another LAN port on the wireless router. Sounds weird, but I assure you it works, as I'm typing to you know on this way.
It's just annoying because the WAN light constantly flashes cuz its not plugged into anything. lol so i shoved it downstairs next to all my other electronic stuff. That way it's not in my room any more, and i can run the splitter for the cable right behind my tv.

So, I have,

wall - splitter - tv to one, cable modem to the other - vpn router - wireless router
hehe

I haven't figured out how to secure the network like this though... my wireless is open right now. Whenever i set the encryption on, i can't connect, even with the correct passwords and such. I'm not sure whats up with that. I'll have to ask our network guy on wednesday.

and i think i threw my back out moving my desk. my back is killing me right now, and it hurts like hell to move... lol

so now i'm chilling on my couch, watching the history channel, browsing the swap :)

happy b-day america :)

very nice. glad you got four days off, cause I had to work monday.

You'll love the queen size bed, i got one in april when i moved out of my brothers house... what a difference.

err... and happy fourth to everyone here. Keep your fingers intact.

had i been at the old place, i assure you i'd be working tomorrow, if not had to work today too. so glad to be out of there....

4th of July sucks now.. they banned Picolo Petes here.. :thumbsdown: no more water bottle bombs.. lol

you've got the correct essid and wep or wpa key ???
is your wireless router a linksys wrt54g ? if so I say flash it with dd-wrt many more security options and it's much more stable.

im at work now, girlfriend and i are spendign the day on lake pleasant in arizona...

Happy 4th everyone!!

Well im down in Virginia for a whole week on vacation visiting my folks. I got here saturday evening. Sunday i went swimming in the pool all day and got sunburnt. i look like a frickin lobster right now...lol. then we went and saw some fireworks. Monday started off sucky but got cool as hell. i went to scrape stickers off the back window of my truck and cut myself pretty bad with the razor blade. i didnt have to go to the hospital or anything but it was pretty deep. after that i went to go wash my truck then met up with some friends of mine to go to another city that was having a legal cruise night for everyone. it was cool as hell. i saw everything from hot rods, imports, motor cycles, jacked up trucks, lowered trucks and everything inb between. i had a good time. today i plan on hanging out by the pool again and go see some more fireworks.

Relaxing, watching old Star Trek marathon, and gonna go play some Ultimate later. Gotta work tonight, sux for me. At least it will hopefully be busy. More money for me; and a chance to mess with some travelers' heads. Serving tables is great.

i cant wait until it gets a little darker

th_crxsalepics005.jpg

th_crxsalepics004.jpg

th_crxsalepics003.jpg

th_crxsalepics002.jpg

th_crxsalepics001.jpg

you suck!!^^^^ all the good fireworks are illegal here.. hell they even banned groundflowers..

5 days off. :) But it's raining. :( And Lufkin fireworks are only $20k, where I'm used to $1 million + in Houston. :( :( :(

I have so many choices in fireworks displays it's crazy.... i just look in all directions...i live 2 miles from seaworld,10 from universal studios,12 from all the disney parks, plus all the cities have some kind of event.....

this is the only time of the year other than newyears that i actually like FL

BOOOM BITCHES

EDIT: ohh and we dont need to pass some kind of smog inspection....just had to add that in...lol

eg6sir said:
you suck!!^^^^ all the good fireworks are illegal here.. hell they even banned groundflowers..
WTF we can't buy flowers or piccolo petes anymore? damn, i haven't bought fireworks in a long time, so i didn't know. We used to get the piccolo petes and smash them with a hammer about halfway down till the end. You light it without the stand and it takes off in the air and explodes.

i had a shitty weekend. found out the ex stole my fucking cat and moved in with her ex from 4 years ago. great. all that shit behind my back before we broke up.

oh well, i got her motegi's locked in my apartment :)

CRX-YEM said:
you've got the correct essid and wep or wpa key ???
is your wireless router a linksys wrt54g ? if so I say flash it with dd-wrt many more security options and it's much more stable.

D-link wireless... linksys vpn dfvf41 or something... not a wrt series

its not a matter of having the right keys... it won't even find the network when it's enabled.

The Governor of Indiana did one good thing in this term... he legalized rocket style fireworks! w00t! we were setting off mortars and bottle rockets tonight. Good fun, and no worries about the police harassing us. :D

pissedoffsol said:
D-link wireless... linksys vpn dfvf41 or something... not a wrt series

its not a matter of having the right keys... it won't even find the network when it's enabled.

word. mine does the same thing... it pisses me off.

well, you guys might find these vids funny

my wife and i went to a place by my apt that we could fire the fireworks [my apt buildings are close together]

BTW she is speaking spanish ,

formby - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

in the first 2 vids the mortor rounds made the tube fall over after i lit it.... as it fell the mortor flew in my direction, but i jumped over a bush...

the one with the long explotions was the 4k firecracker...BTW the door was closed in the hatch

Back