Which car would you get?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dunno, for some reason i would go with the Si over the rsx. the 90-93 tegs are real nice, but the later one and the rsx just dont tickle my fancy as much as a civic. but the '00 si is most def my first choice, the hatch is like 3 or 4 down the list

00 Si>02+ Si

If I were you I would go for something even cheaper, like a 240 or maybe even a 300zx or any Z car for that matter.

if i had 8-9K to get a used car, i would prolly look for an accord coupe 4cyl with a five-speed. but if you really want a v6, and you want an '02, then 1. It will have to have some miles on it.... and 2. You will have to spend some time wheelin and dealin with the salesman. my dad has a '98 v6 sedan, since he's gotten it, he's changed the oil, had the rear main seal replaced (apparently an accord thing, after so many miles they just go out), and the regularly scheduled maintenence done. the engine runs strong, i've never really liked the transmission (b/c the torque converter is "soft" and loses a lot of power), but, it's a nice car, and i like driving it despite the torque converter. the car now has a little under 190K on it, which proves that if you do the proper maintenence hondas will run for damn near ever. when he got the car, it had I THINK- 150K on it; it has leather, power, moonroof, and cd player. i'm pretty sure he payed like 6K for it last year, but he prolly could have gotten it for less if he had whittled the salesman down.

and oh yeah, if you do get the v6 accord, a performance torque converter would prolly be your best first upgrade.

i hope i helped. :)

No it wouldn't. Nothing would be your upgrade because you'd want to start saving for a new tranny. Accord V6 autos suck ass. They're sluggish and they like to break. 6-speed TL tranny's where it's at.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 9 2005, 05:07 PM
No it wouldn't. Nothing would be your upgrade because you'd want to start saving for a new tranny. Accord V6 autos suck ass. They're sluggish and they like to break. 6-speed TL tranny's where it's at.
[post=523262]Quoted post[/post]​

well, my dad's car has almost 190K miles on it, and he got it when it had around 150K miles on it, and he's never had any problems with the transmission.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jul 8 2005, 12:51 PM
the Teg, Civic, Lude, and Golf idea i thought about, but the main problem is being here in San Diego it WILL get stolen, and i really dont wanna mess with that problem anymore. like i said, the project CRX will come, but with time, thats realy the only car i want for a project car.

damn that was a lot of responses so fast

and about the A4, i checked those out a while back, so ill go back and look at prices again. those ae ncie too
[post=522692]Quoted post[/post]​

Shit, what part of san diego are you in?.... a4 gets my vote, very comfortable car and the 1.8t is easily upgradable for about 500 to a decent amount of power. Personally, driving a v6 doesnt seem worth taking the automatic that comes w/ it.

like i said earlier, it looks like they fixed the problem with the tranny for '02. and also i am not gonna buy it from a dealership, it will be private party, and yes i know how to check everything out before i buy. the miles, ehh, i dont really care, thats wy i am gonna probably get a honda, because i can trust that it will run good with lots of miles.

hey Preluderjs, i am staying at my friends house right now in mission valley. why, do you live in SD? yeah i am jsut staying here for now until i can get an apt, hopefully in the next couple weeks. if i cant find an apt i am gonna have to start looking for a room for rent or some shit like that. it sucks not having a place.

yea, i'm in the scripps ranch/mira mesa at area at my parents for the summer then moving down to sdsu for the school year. mission valleys not a bad area at all. ive been in sd my whole life but i dont have any stories or remember anyone i know talking about their cars getting stolen. a much bigger problem is cars getting broken into, that shit seems to happen all the time. one time i walked into the parking structure at school and saw an integ just chillin with the hatch open and no one around, could have just as easily been my car since it was sitting next to it.

Back